123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Insured Closings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

joelbenedict

Kentucky
26 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  4:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I gave up, and I'm probably never going to be paid by them. The owner hasn't been seen by the company that rents the office property since October of 2012. The offices are vacant. I would say let me know if there are any new developments, but I'm really just giving up.
quote:
Originally posted by ddpic

I have been trying to collect from Insured Closings since last August. They owe me $235. I have sent letters everywhere. I wrote one to the title co and lender and attached that to the letters that I sent to Insured Closings. I have 2 different addresses, so I sent to both addresses. My last attempt for certified mail was refused.
I heard that they changed there name back to Ohio Statewide Closings or something like that. The info is on the Sec of State's website. I filed a complaint with the Atty General's office. This was told to other notaries also by the sec of state's office. Sue, the owner is probably in some big trouble. I plan on calling the collection agency with the NNA and have them turned over to the credit bureau's. Hopefully, she will come clean and start paying up. Of course, she may not stay in business much longer with the way she is conducting her business..

Go to Top of Page

connie1011

Michigan
2 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  04:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I called the title company on the latest one to try to collect. They said "We paid them and no longer do business with them." They then referred me to a lawyer. I left a voice mail and sent an email. No response yet. Has anyone ever tried small claims court?
Go to Top of Page

ddpic

Arkansas
8 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  09:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to collect from Insured Closings since last August. They owe me $235. I have sent letters everywhere. I wrote one to the title co and lender and attached that to the letters that I sent to Insured Closings. I have 2 different addresses, so I sent to both addresses. My last attempt for certified mail was refused.
I heard that they changed there name back to Ohio Statewide Closings or something like that. The info is on the Sec of State's website. I filed a complaint with the Atty General's office. This was told to other notaries also by the sec of state's office. Sue, the owner is probably in some big trouble. I plan on calling the collection agency with the NNA and have them turned over to the credit bureau's. Hopefully, she will come clean and start paying up. Of course, she may not stay in business much longer with the way she is conducting her business..
Go to Top of Page

dlove

Missouri
14 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  09:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for these folks back in october of 2012, and have had absolutely no luck whatsoever collecting my payment. I have invoiced them numerous times, sent them the demand letter templated on 123Notary.com (good letter, BTW), emailed, called, threatened. This is the only company whom I have not collected from for last years work. It's getting really frustrating, I mean I have better things to do than put all this effort into getting paid a crummy $110.00. If they have this much trouble coming up with this small amount, how do they keep the lights on? Next step, BBB, then Sec. of State. It's now a matter of principal to me. Needless to say, I'll never work w/ them again, and suggest others BEWARE!

David G. Love
Go to Top of Page

dawnrin

Illinois
12 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  11:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawnrin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dawnrin

quote:
Originally posted by closer4u

I handed evrything over to a collection agency. Was paid by Insured within 3 weeks. Before that, I had NSF and many, many emails. Beware if you take a check. Either use Paypal or ask for a Money Order. These companies should be held accountable for their payment systems.

Dawn Rinchiuso

Dawn Rinchiuso
Go to Top of Page

dawnrin

Illinois
12 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  11:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawnrin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
If anyone has used a collection agency, could you please let me know what company you used. I am also having problems getting paid by Insured Closings. UGH!

Go to Top of Page

dawnrin

Illinois
12 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  11:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawnrin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by closer4u

I handed evrything over to a collection agency. Was paid by Insured within 3 weeks. Before that, I had NSF and many, many emails. Beware if you take a check. Either use Paypal or ask for a Money Order. These companies should be held accountable for their payment systems.

Dawn Rinchiuso
Go to Top of Page

closer4u

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2012 :  06:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

ChuckSchilling

Wisconsin
10 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  08:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm another victim, still trying to get paid for two signings from August, was assured via phone and email that a check was sent in the mail, well that was 3 weeks ago so I'm highly skeptical.

Would recommend everyone avoid them.
Go to Top of Page

suebehere

Ohio
28 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  06:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit suebehere's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am another victim! Waiting for payment since September for an August closing. I spoke with Sue on 11/8/2012 at 9:43am and was assured payment was going in the mail. Ha! Never got it, no surprise. And I traveled quite a way to do this for them....
Go to Top of Page

closer4u

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  1:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In April, 2012, I was issued a check from Insured Closings in th amoount of $ 50.00. This check was returned as NSF. It has taken me 5 months to get paid. I lucky had saved 3 emals stating they would be issuing a check. This is considered "intent to commit fraud". I received a check issued on a different bank and told my bank manaer of the situation. The bank sent it thru on a special instructions and it did clear. All this for $ 50.00. I can only imagine those who are waiting on larger amounts. Please save yourself from stress and frustrations-keep arms length from this company.
Go to Top of Page

novice41

Pennsylvania
7 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  6:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I too am another victim of Insured closings.trying to get paid for two I did in May, 2012. looks like I will never see that money. I did file a BBB complaint on them. They don't care, they are not registered with the BBB.I honestly wish they were local and I could show up in person and demand payment. Probably get arrested though.
Good Luck to everyone.
Thanks
Pat

quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

Has anyone worked for them recently?

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=19&Insured+Closings

Go to Top of Page

lizzywetzel

Michigan
1 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2012 :  1:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Insured Closings payment policy regarding payment for their closings is 60 days from the date it closes. I accepted three different closings from them two in June and one the beginning of July. On August 11th (60 days from the first closing) I still had not received any payment from them. I started calling and of course, was given the runaround about the check being in the mail, then when I started calling everyday and finally got the owner on the phone, I was told that she had sent it out the day before, then a week later, she told me that she had missed it and it had not been sent out and that she couldn't handle doing all of the checks and was giving it to someone else to do. Another week passed and still no money - I finally was so disgusted that I called and told her she would have to overnight a check to me - which she did, for Saturday delivery which didn't arrive until 2:00 p.m. (when all of the PNC Banks in Michigan are closed) So on September 4th I took the check to PNC and was told the that the funds were not there, made another phone call to the owner and she gave me another lame excuse. On September 5th, I presented the check to PNC again and still no money. September 6th - the money was finally there. So I guess they should change their payment policy to 90 days even though they are paid within 10 days of closing!! Companies should not play games with money!I will never ever work for this company again - maybe if they doubled their fees and paid me up front with a money order!!!!

Elizabeth Wetzel
Go to Top of Page

sspeckin

Maine
13 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  12:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit sspeckin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done closings in the past for this company---Had not heard from them in a while and received a call early June for a signing--I stupidly did NOT check NOTROT before accepting this one----BIG MISTAKE----Had I read these posts I would have told them to pound sand- it is now August 31 and I still have not gotten paid---lots of excuses but no $$-I called the Freedom Direct as well as Liberty Title (the folks who hired them) to let them know that their client is a deadbeat- I also filed a complaint with the BBB and will be calling the borrower as well----We work very hard and drop everything to accommodate these companies- I offer professional, reliable service and WILL NOT accept this type of treatment-Incidentally, I had another one that was late--I asked for a $15.00 late fee and RECEIVED IT!!!!!!!!!! So, thanks for reading my rant, but we all have to stick together!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fuzzy1955

Florida
36 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  06:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a job for them 111 days ago and have been told my check is in the mail, they were going to stop payment and then issue a new check. I have spoken to the managers at the title company who ultimately selected them and have not gotten any satisfaction. Please do not accept appointments from this company, no matter how much you think you need the business.

Fuzzy1955
Go to Top of Page

kathyvan95

California
16 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  7:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit kathyvan95's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a job for this company March 22, 2012. I still have not been paid. I have called and am told that Sue will get back to me. She has not. That was the last job I will do for them. I now put a Boing on my ringtone when they call so I don't answer.

Kathleen V. Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Minnesota7

Minnesota
23 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  05:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did many closings with Insured but finally had them take me out of their system. Sue, the owner, stated there was a cash flow problem and they were getting that fixed. They were still spending all of our money on the daily operation of their company. That is stealing. They have no right to spend our fee. Got tired of calling and begging to get paid. I did get all owed to me. Investor, really, maybe she got a loan from Paul Gambs from Pacific who still owes me $250.00.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

rosief52

Florida
4 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  4:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stay away and avoid this company. They owed me for work back to March. I heard the check is in the mail, need to do a stop payment, sent payments overnight, family emergency, etc. I finally contacted Attorney General in Ohio, BBB, Title companies involved and lenders. She told me I was unprofessional and wanted to solve the problem. Simple, pay your bills. I received an overnight package in the mail yesterday with all the money owed to me. I ran to their bank to cash in case it bounced. She will ignore your repeated requests for payment. I will never work for them again. Unethical and unprofessional.
Go to Top of Page

JeanScott

Ohio
8 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  04:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeanScott's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just received all 5 payments that Insured Closings owed to me.
It appears as though they may be right about turning their business around, however, I haven't taken the check to the bank yet. Will
let everyone know if it does or does not bounce.

Go to Top of Page

kathyvan95

California
16 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  6:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit kathyvan95's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took about 5 jobs from this company in Feb 2012 and have been paid on all of them. I called and talked to them after I read the posts. They told me they have new investors and have moved to a different office and have worked out the problems. I guess all we can do is hope. I will work for them again. If I get burned, that will be the last time. I worked a few times last year and did get paid also. I would call them now if they still owe you and post here what happened.

Kathleen V. Anderson
Go to Top of Page

bakerbee

California
20 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  12:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit bakerbee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am SO glad I came here and read about this company. I had a call from them today for a signing which I accepted. After reading these posts, I sent back an email telling them that I had researched them here at 123 Notary and was declining their assignment. When I tried to call their number, the message said that they were currently closed. Really?? Maybe that is why no one is getting paid! Thanks for the warning. This site ROCKS!!!

=^..^=
Go to Top of Page

Steele

California
21 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  10:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Received a bad check for $330 from them plus $12 NSF fee from my bank! So angry. I had performed a few notaries and then saw the blogs on here. I called Sue last week and warned her that if I got a bad check that I would plaster it all over the net. Here I am...BEWARE and don't make the mistake of working for them. I have spoken to the Title Company. We need to start stealing the business away from the slimy signging agencies. We work harder and harder for our money these days and it is reprehensible to get an NSF check. I am done with INSURED CLOSINGS and hope you are also.

Go to Top of Page

laylanii

10 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  12:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too received a check from Insured that bounced. Sue reissued another check with the bank fee included and I stupidly deposited that check also before checking with the bank to see if it would clear. That check bounced too. Now I am out 2 $10 bank fees and still haven't been paid for 3 closings. I am no longer accepting closings from this company. How unprofessional is it as a company to issue checks with insufficient funds?!?
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  09:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the other forum yesterday, there were several reports of bounced checks from this copmpany. Beware if you actually DO receive a check - you could end up in the hole with bank fees for a bad check you deposit!

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

notaree26

Virginia
14 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  08:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit notaree26's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have still not gotten paid....I am going to the better business bureau, I am tired of getting the run around. Sue is the worst, false promises that I will get my money for weeks now.!!

Go to Top of Page

ohionotary

Ohio
33 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  8:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit ohionotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got a call from Insured Closings in Medina, OH yesterday for a refi w/edocs. The signing was 24 miles one way. They offered me $75.00. I told them I charged $125.00 and that the lowest I could do it for was $100.00 (still cheap). They refused to budge. They actually said they were only getting $125.00 themselves. Apparently they think I'm that naive to believe them. What a slap in the face. This is another company I'm going to cross off my list.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.