123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Cogent ( GA )
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DenverLoanNotary

Colorado
4 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  10:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit DenverLoanNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After a long and successful string of signings with Cogent, they all of a sudden stopped paying about mid-summer 2011. I checked with an LO that had consistently used them and he said they were connected to Lennox Financial who was just out of business. Apparently the same person owned both companies and fell into regulatory trouble. Beleive we are out of luck on these guys!

Darcy J Truppo
Go to Top of Page

metsjets

Virginia
3 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  6:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did one signing for this company in June and have yet to be paid. Not only has he not paid but noone at this company even has the courtesy to reply to an email or a phone call. Vendors should avoid this company and hopefully that will ultimately force them out of business. If you want to have a look at the guy and his ideas check out his videos on youtube regarding mortgage industry.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  3:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pjrager

Excuse me, but the job done was in JULY 2011 and paid in SEPTEMBER 2011!!!! THIS COMPANY IS A NO NO!!!!!

This is for LINDA - ROFL ;0

Me?? Why me??

Linda
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  2:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excuse me, but the job done was in JULY 2011 and paid in SEPTEMBER 2011!!!! THIS COMPANY IS A NO NO!!!!!

This is for LINDA - ROFL ;0
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  2:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This company is NOT out of business, but they should be!!! I finally got a check September 13, 2011 for a job done July 25, 2011. I was referred to a Jon Shitley of The Gridd. He resembles a used car salesman...check out The Gridd webbsite!! Gee, I hope the check clears. DO NOT WORK FOR COGENT OR THE GRIDD!!!!
Go to Top of Page

henderson1

7 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  07:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently I call the number for payment on a closing on June 14 and the phone message states that the company is out of business but left a message!!! What kind of crap is that !
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2011 :  11:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listed as active with the GA SOS..

http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?432803

Business Name History

Name Name Type
COGENT CLOSING ASSOCIATES, LLC Current Name

Limited Liability Company - Domestic - Information

Control No.: 0623952

Entity Creation Date: 3/21/2006

Jurisdiction: GA
Principal Office Address: 3575 PIEDMONT ROAD Bldg 15 Ste 700
ATLANTA GA 30305
Last Annual Registration Filed Date: 1/31/2011
Last Annual Registration Filed: 2011

Registered Agent

Agent Name: NATL REGISTER AGENTS INC
Office Address: 3575 CRESTWOOD PKWY
DULUTH GA 30096
Agent County:

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
Go to Top of Page

debmillers

Florida
6 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2011 :  10:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit debmillers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry forgot to add they closed the doors around the middle of June.

Go to Top of Page

debmillers

Florida
6 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2011 :  10:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit debmillers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cogent is out of business. I got this from the Lender Ameritrust who worked with them as well as New Millennium Group who did the Title Insurance for them. Everyone needs to file complaint with your Attorney Generals office. They were taking assignments from what I can find out right up to the end and still getting paid and pocketing the notaries money. They are not even licensed in GA were they are located.

Go to Top of Page

intouch.communications

Mississippi
1 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  9:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Did a Job for them back in May. I have called and emailed Angie and I have not gotten a response from anyone!!!
quote:
Originally posted by cjf

[quote]Originally posted by 11192

I WOULD NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!! I LEFT SEVERAL MESSAGE TO ANGIE SCHROEDER ALSO EMAILED TO HER AND
agentbilling@cogentca.com NO ONE REPLY TO MY EMAIL REGARDING MY PAY!!!
I did a job for them on April 26, 2011 -- it's now June 297th IT WAS OVER 60 DAYS. STAY AWAY TO THIS COMPANY!!!

Tiffany
I also did a job for them April 15, have not been paid, and no one responds to my emails or phone calls. I've emailed or called no less than 10 times to various people. No response from ANYONE! I would never do work for them again.

Carla Ferrell

Delena Jones
Go to Top of Page

cjf

Minnesota
8 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  08:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by 11192

I WOULD NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!! I LEFT SEVERAL MESSAGE TO ANGIE SCHROEDER ALSO EMAILED TO HER AND
I did a job for them on April 26, 2011 -- it's now June 297th IT WAS OVER 60 DAYS. STAY AWAY TO THIS COMPANY!!!

Tiffany
I also did a job for them April 15, have not been paid, and no one responds to my emails or phone calls. I've emailed or called no less than 10 times to various people. No response from ANYONE! I would never do work for them again.

Carla Ferrell

Edited by - cjf on 07/12/2011 08:20:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Colorado
1 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  5:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Tiffany
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  5:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you had a good laugh!

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

Well, normally we don't do this..but maybe Jeremy will forgive me this time..:)

It's on Notary Rotary...postings and in Signing Central.

ROFL = Rolling On the Floor Laughing...

Linda

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  2:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, normally we don't do this..but maybe Jeremy will forgive me this time..:)

It's on Notary Rotary...postings and in Signing Central.

ROFL = Rolling On the Floor Laughing...

Linda
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  1:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can't you say where it's posted? notary rotary, notary cafe????
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  1:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I could answer you if I knew what ROFL is??? Please advise.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  09:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"IT'S A RUMOR ... MAYBE."

ROFL...is that the strength of your convictions??...:)

I know it's a rumor - I haven't worked for them. But I will tell you that it's posted elsewhere they're not answering the phones or e-mail, and someone else posted elsewhere he was told by an employee that they filed BK...

Again...Good Luck.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  06:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IT'S A RUMOR ... MAYBE. I WAS TOLD THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS BY THE LADY'S HUSBAND WHO SENT ME THE DOCS -- I HAD HER CELL #. I CALLED THE LOAN OFFICER AND HE SAID HE DOES BUSINESS WITH THEM EVERY DAY!!! IT'S ALL BS.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  06:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Search around here and other forums - it's being rumored that Cogent is out of business.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  04:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I WOULD NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!! I CAN'T GET ANYONE TO TALK TO OR REPLY TO MY EMAILS REGARDING MY PAY!!! I did a job for them on April 21, 2011 -- it's now June 27th. This is way too long to wait for check. DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
Go to Top of Page

beth

12 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  07:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit beth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i just recieved final payment from all outstanding closings at Cogent! 900.00! Thanks Carmella and Todd!!!

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  10:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta wonder - what kind of rotten luck is it to work for 14 companies that all file bankruptcy...yeesh...

Linda
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  11:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A word of caution. When identifying a company that has filed for bankruptcy, it is imperative that the type of bankruptcy be identified as well as the business name and name of the principals. As we know, TitleStream recently entered into bankruptcy, but the notifications only stated the principal's. That caused a lot of confusion with many people who had worked for TitleStream but didn't recognize the principal's names.

Also, whether or not the bankruptcy is a Chap 7, 11 or 13. For example, if an individual or company is reorganizing under a bankruptcy plan (Chapter 11 or 13), the company may be able to continue doing business and possibly even carry some debt into the reorganization with an anticipation of deferring or delaying payment.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  09:33:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I AM NOW LOOKING AT 14 COMPANIES WHICH OWE ME MONEY, BUT WILL NEVER SEE BECAUSE THE HAVE FILED BANKRUPCY. "

Jana - I know of a few companies that have filed in the last year - would you mind sharing your list of those 14 companies with us (providing, that is, that you have proof they've filed and it's not just an assumption on your part). I'm sure everyone would be happy to have that list for reference.

Thanks.

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 01/22/2009 10:07:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jana

Tennessee
3 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  09:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COGENT HAS ALWAYS BEEN FAIR WITH ME. I APPRECIATE THE GREAT JOB THAT CARMELLA PROVIDES. THEY MAYBE SLOW, BUT THEY ALWAYS PAY. THAT IS MUCH MORE THAN SOME OF THESE COMPANIES ARE DOING AT THIS POINT. I AM TIRED OF THE PROMISE OF A CHECKS IN THE MAIL, ONLY TO GET A LETTER THE NEXT WEEK THAT THEY HAVE FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY. I AM NOW LOOKING AT 14 COMPANIES WHICH OWE ME MONEY, BUT WILL NEVER SEE BECAUSE THE HAVE FILED BANKRUPCY. COGENT IS NOT A PROBLEM, JUST A LITTLE SLOW TO PAY. I APPRECIATE ALL THE WORK AND TIME THAT TODD AND CARMELLA HAVE GIVEN ME OVER THE YEARS.

Notary Lady
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  11:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked with Cogent Closing Associates? There was a post with a little information about them, but not much more.

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=131&Cogent+Closing+Associates+%28+GA+%29
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.