123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Nations Direct
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 4 people liked this post.4 people disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

lauralynn57

Arkansas
1 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2015 :  05:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did the last job for NATIONS DIRECT that I will ever do in January of this year. I have normally not had that much trouble getting paid but this time, WOW! Maybe it is because I made them pay me a somewhat decent fee? They actually called me in March telling me their check came back in the mail and wanted to verify my address in Arizona. Duh, its Arkansas AR not AZ! So then they will, you got it, mail a new check. Hum, that check didn't arrive and I called so they checked with their bank to make sure it did not clear, it hadn't, so they said they voided it and issued a replacement check (Mind you this is the 3rd check!) and mailed it on May 1. Well, they must have misstated that they mailed it because it isn't here yet. Maybe they are hand delivering it by MULE! Called them again today and told them I get every other piece of mail including timely payments from all the other companies I work for and find it amazing that, I don't know, maybe my mailman has a dislike for them also, so he just chooses to suddenly stop delivering their checks to me??? Ha! No funds by early next week, its time for legal action including Secretary of State, Lender, BBB and civil suit. I know everybody hates this company because of their low ball fees, myself included, but I given a decent fee this last time, and believe me it is a last time. Guess if you get them to "pay" a decent fee, they just don't pay you and give you outrageous stories of their payment hoping you will forget, give up and go away. They actually had the nerve to call me for a signing yesterday and I told them NO, you don't pay so I don't take signings from you.
Go to Top of Page

Grandy

North Carolina
32 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  2:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have been called for a signing tomorrow and they will see if they can match my fee. Aside from asking for updated personal docs, no problem, they are asking me to sign an Addendum document which is very legal sounding and I don't understand most of it. I received a warning from Notary Alert Network - no longer able to contact - not, definitely not to sign. Am wondering if there are any of you out there who have worked for Nations Direct recently and what your experience was. Thanks for help.
Go to Top of Page

NCsignings.com

North Carolina
9 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  7:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit NCsignings.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nations Direct called at 4:49 PM and asked me to do a Loan Depot signing tonight in a city that spans between 30 and 60 minutes away. I told the man that I am booked solid today and tomorrow. The man sounded like he is going to cry and he says, “It’s the end of the month and I need this closed.” I told him that I am tired, but I will help him.

Considering that:
1) I am tired and don’t want to push myself any harder tonight
2) It may be an hour away
3) There will most likely be 170 pages
4) They require a FAXback

I quoted him $160. He tells me that I had already agreed to do it for $115, and only then I realize that they had already called about this one, but never got back to me. My response was to immediately lower my fee to $150, and so he said that he’s not going to call me anymore because I had raised my fee.

I was willing to do him a favor, and that was the thanks I got. I had already told him that I was booked, yet I was willing to work late to help him out, and for a reasonable fee.

I have closed dozens of loans for Nations Direct, but I am happy to unload them now. They are a huge time waster with their ridiculous low-ball offers and barrage of phone calls over every little step of the process. Not a good match for a competent notary who demands an appropriate fee.

Michael A. Gelman,
Notary Public

25. Attorneys' Fees. Attorneys' fees must be reasonable. LOL
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2014 :  12:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They called me back in 2006 when I first started up down here in Florida - back THEN they offered me $60 for a refi - when I refused she said "You mean you won't do a signing for $60???" - she was incredulous that I refused.

I agree with 007 - IMO and in my book and business plan they've NEVER been good. And I, too, am amazed they're still in business.

JMO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

007Notary

California
92 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2014 :  07:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit 007Notary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Been in business since 2003. They've never been a great company to work with, so how/why do notaries nationally keep these guys in business?

Amazing, but maybe their days are numbered. They boast 71K notaries work for them coast to coast.

007Notary
Go to Top of Page

AKnotary

Alaska
36 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  6:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My experience with this company has all been bad, consistent with the comments shown in this forum. The last time I did accept an order from them I negotiated a reasonable fee, knowing their practice of multiple calls and the large faxback. I made contact with the borrower right away. Nations Direct cancelled the order the next day. I again made contact with the borrower to confirm they were aware of the cancellation, and the borrower told me they had been contacted by another notary, with the appointment set for the same day and time! Nations Direct booked the order with me and then found another notary to do the order for a lower fee. I find this to be very unprofessional! I no longer accept their orders.
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
4 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  1:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can only agree with the posts on this company! I have finally blocked them from calling as they can not get the message to remove me from their data base. After I've requested such twice! I can not deal with their rude agents any more. I don't know how they stay in business.

Amy in New Orleans
Go to Top of Page

ValleyNotary

California
9 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  3:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolute WORST COMPANY ever!!! Always hated working for them. They lowball your fees and then when the send you 300+ docs to have signed and you ask for more money, you are noted as a difficult notary. I've even been promised more and then they forget to send me their email confirmation with the new fee and say they never promised me anything. They will screw you anyway they can each and every time. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE CREEPS!

Not only will they lowball you, but they will call you constantly never respecting your sleep or you asking them to stop. They don't care. These people are like mosquitos that you can never get rid of. I eventually put them under DO NOT PICK UP on my phone and blocked the number to get them to stop. You would think it would work but then they started calling on an unknown number. Lovely.

When I finally got fed up, I told them to eff themselves. I heard that they aren't getting much work anymore anyways, and we can all laugh and slowly watch them disappear. Praying it's tomorrow!
Go to Top of Page

notary@postmanplus.com

Maryland
4 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2014 :  08:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit notary@postmanplus.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have never done work for a Signing Company that makes me so upset by the time I get to the Signing, that I have to take deep breaths before I meet the Signers, so I don't show them how upset their Signing Company has made me. They are relentless, calling you every few minutes, with very rude, curt employees, who treat you like a dog. Then, after all that, they pay the lowest fees, make you pay the postage, and in general...take advantage of you. I once was doing a Signing in a foot of snow, and they called me 5 times in 20 minutes, to see if I was there yet. I recommend finding other companies, that don't babysit and treat you the way they do. I really don't know how they stay in business, unless it's at the expense of their Signing Agents.
Go to Top of Page

dlove

Missouri
14 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  10:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These people do not give up! They have started calling me again even though I have not performed a closing for them for quite some time, probably close to 2 yrs. If you do take a closing for them, they will absolutely drive you crazy micro-managing, w/ all the repeat calls for the same thing. They will call 3 or 4 times to tell you docs are ready, then, call to see if you arrived @ the closing numerous times when you are attempting to sign the client. Ignore the call? They will just continue to call till you answer. My standard line got to be, "do you think this is the 1st time I've done this?" I mean, come on, we are supposed to be professional, it's hard to project that image when you have to make excuses to the borrower's for the signing co.'s behavior. I am done w/ Nations D. When they call me now I just tell them they won't want to pay what it would take to get me to do the closing.

David G. Love
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  4:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dannotary

Amazingly, they are still in business. This proves one thing- that there are many notaries out there working for Nations Directs low fee. Also tells me that they feed off the newest inexperienced notaries. They called me today and were ready to pay MY fee. However, 4 hrs later, still no order sheet. They said it was 'cancelled'. Uh Huh, they found someone cheaper. I told them they were unprofessional to not inform me of that. They are the worst. I will never answer when their # shows up again. I have asked to be off their list many times.

Defensive Strategy: Once you have fee agreement, INSIST on borrower name and number (DURING the initial phone call - AND a confirmation email within 5 minutes), then call borrower immediately - to introduce yourself. Then email the caller to let them know that you have established contact with the borrower. THEY do not want multiple notaries to contact/confuse the borrower.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Idaho
3 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2014 :  10:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we should ask them what the pay is and then tell them we will have to get that approved and will call them back.
I get very frustrated with getting these calls. I don't ever expect to hear back from them. If I do, I'm not too excited about it.

Kim D Drussel
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  10:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amazingly, they are still in business. This proves one thing- that there are many notaries out there working for Nations Directs low fee. Also tells me that they feed off the newest inexperienced notaries. They called me today and were ready to pay MY fee. However, 4 hrs later, still no order sheet. They said it was 'cancelled'. Uh Huh, they found someone cheaper. I told them they were unprofessional to not inform me of that. They are the worst. I will never answer when their # shows up again. I have asked to be off their list many times.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  12:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is the 129th post to this topic. All we are doing is giving ND a lot of "press". They are NOT worth the time and effort to comment on. Let's just ignore them and hope they go away.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

California
16 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  10:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too, I finally got them to stop calling me. Last time I talk to them, they were demanding to do their work for of course $60, I so happy now with out them......
quote:
Originally posted by Ruth Simons

I stopped doing business with Nations Direct in 2011....told them to remove me from their call list. They were calling me incessantly...they would call me on my cell, and I wouldn't answer, so they would call me on my home phone, and I wouldn't answer it...they would go back to calling me on my cell... they even called me at 6:00 in the morning. It took several times of asking them to take me off of their list, but they finally did.

I agree...they are very rude, and $60 isn't enough, unless you are just starting out and like to babysat through the ENTIRE process. Fax-backs of the entire package most times too... It is quite ridiculous. I have moved to another County, and they did start calling me again, but I just don't answer when they call.

Go to Top of Page

Ruth Simons

36 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2013 :  8:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ruth Simons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I stopped doing business with Nations Direct in 2011....told them to remove me from their call list. They were calling me incessantly...they would call me on my cell, and I wouldn't answer, so they would call me on my home phone, and I wouldn't answer it...they would go back to calling me on my cell... they even called me at 6:00 in the morning. It took several times of asking them to take me off of their list, but they finally did.

I agree...they are very rude, and $60 isn't enough, unless you are just starting out and like to babysat through the ENTIRE process. Fax-backs of the entire package most times too... It is quite ridiculous. I have moved to another County, and they did start calling me again, but I just don't answer when they call.
Go to Top of Page

weetoeu247

North Carolina
13 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2013 :  6:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes nations direct is the worst! stopped working for them a long time ago. they are very disrespectful and I cannot understand how they are still in business.

Robbin
Go to Top of Page

laylanii

10 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  09:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally took my name off their database. Best decision ever!

I would get calls from them daily, but they would never meet my fee and would be rude with me when I would tell them my fee. They were constantly calling me for cities I didn't cover and I would tell them over and over I don't travel there. It was a big waste of my time.
Go to Top of Page

California
16 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  3:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm I'm doing the same thing then!
quote:
Originally posted by bynnette

I do NOT like Nations Direct!!! When I see them calling I double my fee. I have even caught them twice now, calling back to confirm the signing and they lowered my fee. In addition, you have to wait almost 45 days for payment. One signing I had almost 20 callbacks, no wonder they only want to pay $60

Go to Top of Page

California
16 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  3:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nations Direct is one of the lowest paying companies and they will delay your check too, please don't work for this company. As a notary I ask my fellow notaries in Bakersfield, California to stop giving this company your business. They ask for tom much work for only $60.00. They also want you to travel to different city like Taft, Delano and etc. for only $60.00. You are required fax back almost the whole pack! Too much work for the little paid. Nations Direct employees are very rude, they call you before, during and after an appointment and if you don't answer they call the client, that's rude and unprofessional. Please stop giving this company your business, it's simply not worth your time.....
Go to Top of Page

bynnette

Kansas
10 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  4:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do NOT like Nations Direct!!! When I see them calling I double my fee. I have even caught them twice now, calling back to confirm the signing and they lowered my fee. In addition, you have to wait almost 45 days for payment. One signing I had almost 20 callbacks, no wonder they only want to pay $60
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  09:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melanie363

I did tell them one time that if they wanted me to do a signing for $60, the borrower had to print the docs, come to my office for the signing, fax back the docs, oh and they had to drop the doc at FedEx/UPS. There would be no expense on my part but time and ink. They didn't like that very much.

I like that approach very much! Way to go, Melanie!

Go to Top of Page

Melanie363

20 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2013 :  06:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't done any signings for Nations Direct since May 4. They told they have a new "batch" of notaries who will work for their low ball fee. I told them, "Good for you. This is my base fee, take it or leave it. Don't call me unless you have my base fee plus faxback fee if needed pre-approved." They still call 2 - 3 times a day. I always get the standard "I'll have to get that fee approved". "Sure no problem, but I can't hold that time slot for you" is my reply.
I did tell them one time that if they wanted me to do a signing for $60, the borrower had to print the docs, come to my office for the signing, fax back the docs, oh and they had to drop the doc at FedEx/UPS. There would be no expense on my part but time and ink. They didn't like that very much.
Go to Top of Page

ChuckSchilling

Wisconsin
10 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  09:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't done a signing for them since March, I used to not mind doing it because I always demanded a higher fee, but I can't say I miss the constant hand holding. As a professional that has been in the industry as a notary and working at a title company for 10 years I don't need to have my hand held and the biggest thing that set me off was them arguing with me about my fees. I don't care if you normally offer $60, when I quote you a fee either accept it or decline it I don't care either way but my fee is what it is.

I think the notary industry as a whole would be a lot better off if people told Nations Direct to go pound sand.

My favorite thing was last month they did call me desperate for a closer and I agreed to do one for a certain fee(my normal fee plus $10 extra because I know of their ridiculous fax/email back requirements). In the meantime a different signing company called me for the exact same loan/borrower and since they didn't require the fax backs I did it for them for my normal fee. So I still got the business, didn't have to do all the extra BS work and got paid what I wanted.

I don't normally feel malice towards a company because everyone is entitled to try and make their profit and I don't blame or fault them but I go above and beyond for companies that treat me like a decent person and Nations Direct is garbage.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  12:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jocelynj

I hate when Nations Direct calls me and asks me to drive two hours, each way, and then tells me about their standard, lowball fee of $60, and then ask me what would I charge. I tell them my fee, which includes 4 hours of driving, and hour or so at the signing, and all that gas and wear and tear, plus the good possibility of missing another, better paying signing, and they seemed shocked when I tell them $225. LO's need to take this into account and charge the customer more, or have the customer drive to me (which some companies do for people who live in rural areas). If you want to live in a rural area, then you ought to pay more for services, or be willing to drive. Don't even bring up your $60 fee to me ND, at all, please!

Jocelyn Waters

You really should insist on the $225 IN ADVANCE via PayPal. Some outfits say A and pay B - based on how you are "in the system".

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  6:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to work for them long time ago. They paid me with a check in the package. I never had any trouble with them. I did tons of work for them. Ah... memories. They were my favorite.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.