123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Trusted Enrollment Agent-TEA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gno996

Michigan
14 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  08:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took the training and became certified.....and heard nothing from them for months then I get an email that a signing was available in Jackson, Mi... an 84 mile drive for me. I wanted to back out but they said I was the only designated SA in the region. $35 for that wouldn't cut it, but the NNA TEA person told me the distance being over 25 miles from my home would pay extra $100. So I took my camera and did the job, and explored the countryside coming home...The NNA sent out a notice of a discounted company to do collections (an NNA benefit)..they almost got my first call as NNA doesn't pay the following month, if the closing is after the 15th of the month. Two weeks after the second 15th of the month flew by before the check was even mailed..Not impressed at all, one showed in Lansing (55miles) but another Notary got lucky (oh darn)....will probably pass on the enrollments from now on...Not a good experience.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
1 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2011 :  6:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vince

[quote]Originally posted by asomerford

I became a TEA with NNA when the program was first offered and as of yet have not received an assignment. What a waste of time!

Not for the NNA it wasn't (wonder what the income has been) and some parts of the country may have welcomed the idea. But I cannot speak from experience as I did not take any of the TEA training and it is not mentioned in my State Notary Handbook or anywhere else around here as necessary or desirable.

I have yet to do the training because I felt that you or I would, be competing with ourselves. I bid similar jobs for 40 or 45 with my current ads. That includes the first two signatures within 6 miles or so i then add miles and time 55 cents. The NNA wants a piece of the action, I already get, and have me pay them to get it.
Just take a minute with every client, Advertiser or vendor and do the math for the logistics involved and see if you are making more, less, or any money at all. We should all have bread and butter clients.
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  12:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I continue to loathe all the money-grubbing variations of "certifications" out there and am saddened to see the NNA continue to try and sell such programs to its already paid membership base. Did I say LOATHE?????ugh!!!!

"A Quick Note"
www.aquicknote.net
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/aquicknote
Like me on Facebook:
http://goo.gl/WWpGP
Go to Top of Page

Sandy

7 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  7:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did one TEA assignment. They did not put what they pay on the assignment which is strange. Everyone else always puts the amount I will be paid. I could not remember waht they paid and thought it was low, so I assumed around $85.

I live in San Diego and was up in Vista doing a loan signing in the morning and had another loan signing in Escondido in the early afternoon. I probably would have stayed up there and eaten lunch and done paperwork, but I had the TEA assignment.

So, I drove all the way down to National City to do the TEA assignment and back up to Escondido for the loan signing. I was paid $35 for the TEA assignment, so I lost around $45 overall considering my roundtrip commute.

Yes, it was within 15 miles from my house, but I'm a mobile notary. I don't stay at my house all day.

I accepted the loan signings after I accepted the TEA assignment because they pay considerably more.

I won't take another TEA assigment. In a perfect world, I'll net at least $10. And, the world is not perfect.

I spent time contacting the client, entering information on software, printing, traveling, time at the assignment and faxing to the company, time following up because they did not follow up with me, and lost money on the deal.
Go to Top of Page

pslnotary

Florida
31 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  06:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit pslnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing TEA assignments for over a year. Its is specific to the companies that require this service and if you are not located near one you will not get the business. I am in Florida and we have several aircraft suppliers in the area that require government clearance for their engineers which is where the TEA jobs come into play. The job itself only takes about 5 minutes so if you do get an assignment go for it, it's fast easy money.

Dawn Steinhurst
Go to Top of Page

Nevada
5 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  5:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed the exams and received my certifications for the TEA program through NNA a few months ago. However I haven't received any assignments as of yet.

Amy
Go to Top of Page

yngmobilenotary

California
3 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  1:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit yngmobilenotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recently got sent an email from the NNA to get certified for the TEA. Has anyone done any of these recently for them and are they still offering just $35.00 per appointment?
Go to Top of Page

inotarize

Alabama
55 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  7:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit inotarize's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just received three more assignments last week. I've done more in 2010 so far than I did all of 2009. Again, TEA work is far from being my "bread & butter" but it definitely fills in the gaps between loan signings and other notary appointments.

Michelle L. Riley
Huntsville Mobile Notary - We Come To You!
Serving North Alabama since 2006.
Phone: (256) 503-6595
Email: HuntsvilleMobileNotary@Gmail.com
http://www.huntsvillemobilenotary.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/AlabamaNotary

Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  2:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by asomerford

I became a TEA with NNA when the program was first offered and as of yet have not received an assignment. What a waste of time!

Not for the NNA it wasn't (wonder what the income has been) and some parts of the country may have welcomed the idea. But I cannot speak from experience as I did not take any of the TEA training and it is not mentioned in my State Notary Handbook or anywhere else around here as necessary or desirable.

Go to Top of Page

asomerford

North Carolina
18 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  06:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

inotarize

Alabama
55 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  10:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit inotarize's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I carry additional E & O Insurance. I don't know anything about NNA Insurance.

In Alabama we can only charge .50 cents per notarization. This is another reason why, within reason, these TEA appointments make sense for me to do. If the expense to me was greater (paper, toner, gas or time) then it would not be feasible.

Michelle L. Riley

Go to Top of Page

BobbiCT

Connecticut
135 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  09:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit BobbiCT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not bad. If you're paid $90 for 45 minutes of time plus your driving time for 3 notarizations, that beats any State's statutory notarization fee. (As example only, CT only allows $5 per notarization; however, adding other "enrollment agent service fees," which includes the $15 notarization, can up the charge.)

Curious: Obviously services as a "loan signing agent" has additional liability. Does your "enrollment agent service" have any liability beyond that of a notary public; i.e., do you carry extra insurance for this or does the NNA have insurance that will cover you, say in the event of fraud by the individual or a non-notarial error on your part?

Bobbi in CT
Go to Top of Page

inotarize

Alabama
55 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  07:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit inotarize's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lee, I'm expecting to get $85-$90 for doing those three ID verifications, so there is a reduction.

I believe I printed out four pages of information for each employee. Two are signed by the employee. One is an informational sheet for the employee. The 4th one I write a password/confirmation code on it and give to the employee. One of the four forms gets notarized.

Michelle L. Riley

Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  3:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious, Michelle... did you receive $35/person or is there a fee reduction if 'volume' in one location?

Go to Top of Page

inotarize

Alabama
55 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  1:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit inotarize's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still performing these for NNA. I think they added on a new client. Last week I performed three ID verifications at the same location and time. Employees were very considerate of my time.

I know there are many of you who won't or can't accept $35 per appointment but it works for me. Last week's appointment was three miles from my home office. My time spent with each individual was apprx 15-20 minutes.

BTW, NNA does not require invoicing and they pay within 30-45 days.

Michelle L. Riley

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  07:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL..guess what? It's back on their website...don't ask ME what they're doing!!!

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

BobbiCT

Connecticut
135 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  06:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit BobbiCT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NNA TEA ??

What happened? All the information about this has been removed from the NNA web site.

Go to Top of Page

tgonsor

Arizona
36 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  8:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is another NNA money maker. I also took the test but at the time didn't realize what they were paying. For $35 Im not touching it!
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  7:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, folks - have you heard the latest? Haven't confirmed this with NNA but rumor has it this program has been discontinued for lack of interest and funding. I went to the NNA website and, although I can still log into the tutorial, if you search for TEA or look at their online training for the program, it's not there...

I haven't received permission from the person who posted this elsewhere to repeat her post here so I won't but she apparently spoke with NNA about it and this is what she was told - program is dead in the water.

Thank GOD it didn't cost me anything.!!

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 06/22/2008 7:25:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  2:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NO!!!!....hehe..:)

Linda
Go to Top of Page

AZSigner

Arizona
93 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  12:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to yell, but:

HAS ANYONE MADE ANY MONEY OFF OF THIS TEA THING?!?!?!?!?! I see lots of posts here and on NR about this TEA certification offered by the NNA, but so far it sounds like just another NNA rip-off.

I haven't seen any posts whatsoever from notaries who say, "Oh, this is great! I took the TEA exam and I'm getting SO MUCH business from it! It's WONDERFUL!"

If anyone out there has actually even received a phone call for a TEA assignment, I'd be very interested to hear your feedback.

-Mike
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  06:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you do the tutorials? There is an entire section of each tutorial dedicated to acceptable forms of identification for this process..

It is to be noted that the acceptable forms of identification, although very stringent, are entirely separate from the acceptable forms of identification as it relates to the notary. You'll be complying with two independent sets of guidelines.

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 05/04/2008 2:43:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

jrlbw

North Carolina
11 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  04:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit jrlbw's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't taken the test yet but reading through the material, it is talking about 3 groups of questions for getting the required types of identification...I don't see the questions listed in the material...am I missing something? Linda

Linda Willett
Go to Top of Page

jrlbw

North Carolina
11 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  04:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit jrlbw's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

You'll notice I said pretty much the same thing - at those rates the service will be limited to "my home county" and "when I'm going to be in that area"...with gas at almost $3.50/gal here I'm not making a special trip out just to go do one of these...and I suspect this could become a problem for the NNA as, if this comes about like they say, they're going to have problems filling the orders...JMHO

Linda

Linda Willett
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  07:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll notice I said pretty much the same thing - at those rates the service will be limited to "my home county" and "when I'm going to be in that area"...with gas at almost $3.50/gal here I'm not making a special trip out just to go do one of these...and I suspect this could become a problem for the NNA as, if this comes about like they say, they're going to have problems filling the orders...JMHO

Linda
Go to Top of Page

hpnotary

Maryland
3 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2008 :  06:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit hpnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone:

Recenntly the Notary Association send me an email to become a TEA, Does anyone belong? Have anyone performed this services?

Carmen or Jeremy any comments
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.