123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 American Freedom Assurance, Inc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 2 people liked this post.1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

TaylorNotaryNC

North Carolina
8 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2015 :  09:08:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit TaylorNotaryNC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I posed here on 02/21/2015 about an assignment I completed on 12/04/2014. Today is June 24 2015 and I **STILL** have not received payment or any attempt to contact me or return my contact attempts.

I went above and beyond to get this assignment done. The customer was not prepared, did not have everything he was supposed to have ready, had to track down some of the documents he was supposed to give me or print them off the internet and I made several calls to my contact at this company to keep him updated and answer the customer's questions so they know how hard I worked it for them to make sure the assignment was complete. But, I made sure the job was done properly before I finally left. This is how they repay me for it.... NO PAY and intentionally ignoring me on my attempt to get paid! I bet THEY got paid for it though.

THIS COMPANY WILL NOT PAY YOU! DO NOT ACCEPT ASSIGNMENTS FROM THEM!

Taylor Notary Service

Robeson County, NC
Go to Top of Page

Ronie

Texas
11 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  1:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for them on Jan. 12, 2015. Have not received payment yet. Also, no reply to emails or phone calls.
Go to Top of Page

Arizona
15 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2015 :  5:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit 32297's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too have been given the run around by these jerks.. I did a signing for them mid December and after numerous phone calls and emails; still no payment. This is after being told:
1. You never sent us an invoice (lie number 1).
2. Send us an invoice and we will send check out at once (lie number 2)
3. Am sending out a check; if you don't get it by such and such a date call (called and left message; still waiting.
I guess they need the money more than the person they hire to do the job. I will still accept a signing from them, but only if the funds are deposited into my account first.
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2015 :  8:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Ken, did I say Paypay. That's my nickname for my niece Payton, lol.

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2015 :  5:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 22459

Update: I finally received a check yesterday 1/31/15, for my signing on 10/15/14. That was after numerous unanswered emails to several people. The original person who called me, the guy he automatically forwarded the email to when he was out of the office and their accounts payable dept. On Wednesday, I sent them an email saying "This is a demand for payment on the attached invoice from 10/15/14. I expect to receive a response as to when I will receive a check". I actually received a response back the same day, from someone in the AP dept, saying she would look into it and mail a check that day if one had not already been issued.

That was my only outstanding fee for last year. If they call me again, I will take a page out of Ken's play book and ask them to pay me upfront by paypay.

Teri W.

I have lots of extra pages in that play book; everyone is welcome to one. THINK: Who, other than YOU; delivers the goods first, and waits for (hopefully) a check? It's just BAD BUSINESS to extend credit to strangers. They ask a BUNCH of questions about you, but did you check out their credit rating? Of course not, who has time to check. Nobody, it's so much simpler to just receive the PayPal (or similar) up front - JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER INTERNET VENDOR.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

TaylorNotaryNC

North Carolina
8 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2015 :  1:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit TaylorNotaryNC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I accepted and completed a signing for them on December 4th 2014. I even went the extra mile on this signing by waiting around for over an hour while the customer located documents that he was supposed to already have waiting for me and I stayed in constant phone contact with them during this time. The signing was completed after a total of over 2hours invested in what should have been a 30 minute assignment. I was promised payment within 3 weeks by the person I was dealing with (he actually told me it SHOULD be within 2 weeks!). 3 weeks later (in late December), I called to check the status of the payment and I was told that the person I had dealt with was no longer with the company. After a few minutes, the lady I spoke with was able to locate my information, verified that I was due payment, said payment had to be "approved" and I should expect my check within a week or so. I have seen or heard nothing from them since.

I emailed 2 days ago demanding payment in full plus $25 late fee be overnighted to me or paid via PayPal within 48 hours. No one responded/replied to the email or called and no payment has arrived as demanded.

Unfortunately, when they called to offer the assignment, I was not in a position to check here for the obvious past issues and I accepted on faith. That won't happen again!

Taylor Notary Service

Robeson County, NC
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  04:30:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: I finally received a check yesterday 1/31/15, for my signing on 10/15/14. That was after numerous unanswered emails to several people. The original person who called me, the guy he automatically forwarded the email to when he was out of the office and their accounts payable dept. On Wednesday, I sent them an email saying "This is a demand for payment on the attached invoice from 10/15/14. I expect to receive a response as to when I will receive a check". I actually received a response back the same day, from someone in the AP dept, saying she would look into it and mail a check that day if one had not already been issued.

That was my only outstanding fee for last year. If they call me again, I will take a page out of Ken's play book and ask them to pay me upfront by paypay.

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  11:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the second time I have waited for a check from them. This time, the signing was done on 10/15/14 and now today, 1/15/15, after several unanswered emails, I called and left a voice mail for the guy that called me for the signing to begin with. This is my only outstanding payment for 2014. I am not taking anymore signings from them. It doesn't matter how well they pay if you never get the check!

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

pasignag

New York
16 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2014 :  07:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit pasignag's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They were the worst payer I have ever dealt with. Finally paid me after threatening legal action, and ignored the late fee. I lost money with them due to the collection efforts I had to exert.
Go to Top of Page

gogogoral

2 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2014 :  2:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reply I was given when I called about my August signings 2 weeks ago...."I'm waiting for approval to pay"

WHAT??????????????
Go to Top of Page

jccorre

California
2 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2014 :  6:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit jccorre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a VA loan signing for this company over 60 days ago. It was 200 pages and a fax back of the entire signed package. They collected my fee from the borrower; however, they failed to forward that fee to me for my services. They have failed to respond to all but one of my emails. I have not received payment as of today's date. I sent a demand letter by certified mail yesterday and intend to file a Small Claims lawsuit in ten days along with making complaints to all relevant agencies.
Go to Top of Page

jackiehinchey

North Carolina
8 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  10:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done 3 signings for this NONPAYING company and after many many many calls and emails I still have had no success at getting paid. I am turning this over to collections. I did closings on 7/16/14 and 7/23/14 and lastly 8/19/14 and they now owe me $330.00. I'm sick of companies getting paid by the lender and not paying us!!v.... This is ridiculous!!!!!

Jackie
Go to Top of Page

jocelynj

Utah
30 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2014 :  10:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to work with and they pay much better than average.

Jocelyn Waters
Go to Top of Page

ladylea

California
10 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  08:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was paid within two weeks of the loan signing, which was Aug.16. Make sure you both email them your invoice, along with your W9 (if you are working for them for the 1st time) and include the invoice in your fed ex package.
AFA was very professional and found them very easy to work with.
Go to Top of Page

Daniel

North Carolina
3 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2012 :  08:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Daniel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well after several calls and many emails, I finally got through to the person who got it done. I received my payment for the second assignment I did for AFA on June 21, 2012.

The check came in the mail on August 13, 2012 and was the correct amount. I guess they are so busy they just get overwelmed and forget to pay their Notaries.

I will do more work for them now I know how to play their game.

Daniel :-}
Go to Top of Page

Melanie363

20 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2012 :  09:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for them on July 26, 2012. Received payment on August 5, 2012. The only bad thing I can say, is the borrower asked that his check be sent to his business address and they sent it to his home, no signature confirmation, and no one home. The borrower called me and told me this.
Go to Top of Page

pjrager1

38 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  10:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To: dlove: Yes! Can't complain about the fee they paid $175...can't remember why I asked for that amount, maybe it was last minute, I usually ask for $150, but yes, they paid it even though I had to call.
Go to Top of Page

dlove

Missouri
14 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  10:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had issues in the past w/ these guys, but eventually did get it resolved. The last few closings I've done for them, they have paid on time, w/ a minimum of hassles. I noticed a change in the format of their checks, so I think they have up-dated their accts. payable system. Personally, I like them, other than the slow pay I noted earlier. One thing about them is they don't quibble about the fee, if you are on the ball, they pay $150.00 for a refi, not too bad in this market. Just keep this in mind if they call, cuz if you lowball yourself for $100.00 as is standard (at least for me), ur leaving cash on the table...just sayin'

David G. Love
Go to Top of Page

Daniel

North Carolina
3 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  3:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Daniel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have completed two signings for this company. The first was paid within two weeks. However, the second one was completed on 6-21-2012 and it's now 7-21-2012 and no payment.

I just can't seam to understand why these companies take so long to pay the ones who keep them in business. There has to be a better way to handle this and ensure that the signing agents are paid in a timely manner.

Daniel :-}
Go to Top of Page

pjrager1

38 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  09:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Job completed April 27, 2012....paid June 6, 2012....not too bad, HOWEVER, I HAD TO CALL THEM FOR MY PAY!!! I will not work for a company who does not pay w/n the 30 days and makes me run after my much-deserved pay -- or if they don't pay w/n 30 then at least notify me if there will be a delay...I don't mind working w/them if I have to.
Go to Top of Page

Maryland
3 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  1:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked for AFA,INC and have been very pleased with their timely payments. The best worked for lately.
quote:
Originally posted by 4959

quote:
Originally posted by Joan

No problems with this company. Paid within two weeks. No hand holding. Answered any and all questions.

Go to Top of Page

Maryland
3 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  1:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joan

No problems with this company. Paid within two weeks. No hand holding. Answered any and all questions.

Go to Top of Page

Joan

California
12 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  5:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joan's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

mrmees

Wisconsin
14 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  06:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a signing for them on April 24th of this year. Not paid as of 7/10/12. Their fax is not responding , so maybe they are out of business. I was assured that I would receive payment about ten days ago, but no luck. Another company to avoid in my experience.
Go to Top of Page

bsk7777

North Carolina
13 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  12:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy to report that I have done several signings for them in April and May and rec'd check within 2 weeks. Apparently things are better and they are truly taking care of their notaries.
WILL TAKE ALL THE SIGNINGS I CAN GET FROM THEM.
Go to Top of Page

Florida
32 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  7:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4113's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello. Has anyone had any experience with American Freedom Assurance, Inc. out of Pennsylvania? I did a closing over the weekend, and then they called me for one tomorrow (03/27/2008), but the phone dropped during the call and the only number you have to call them back on is always busy (doesn't receive incoming calls?) and there has been no response to my e-mail. Somehow, I feel the need to cover my butt (literally!!). Any experience or advice or phone numbers for these guys? Thanx.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.