123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Speedy Closings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 2 people liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  2:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is only one way to win. Payment up front to your "PayPal" or similar. You can't even order a T-shirt from Walmart and tell them you will pay for it - if it fits, if people say it looks good on you, if it does not shrink, etc. I stopped "playing bank" and giving interest free loans long ago. Sure, I lost some - but I also lost the aggravation from being a "dead beat debt collector".

It's long past time for notaries to only accept assignments that pre-pay. The dodge "there is no money in the account" can be countered with "there is no gas in my tank".

You are making unsecured loans to people you don't know. You feel OK with that arrangement? If so, send me 50$.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

maine

Maine
13 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  11:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit maine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just recived an email from Frank Amari that has invited me to join Linkedin with him. He is now in New York. He went bankrupt and did not pay me ther 125.00 he still owes me. I am trying to track him down. I will let you know what I find.
Go to Top of Page

estre68132

Colorado
5 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  1:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got an attorney notice that SPEEDY CLOSING & TITLE SERVICES has filed a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

Mary K. Villalba
Go to Top of Page

Wisconsin
6 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2016 :  04:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like Speedy is still in the business of playing catch up with our invoices. Maybe that's what we get when companies want month invoices.
I, for one, only have a few 'monthly statement' companies on my list. And companies like SPEEDY have a big NO in the name field.
Good luck all. Capt. John

John H McComb
Go to Top of Page

Retiredkop

Colorado
29 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  06:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speedy Closing is not living up to their companies name, unless you count the fact that there are so many unpaid signing agents out there that the company is speedily closing and running. They owe me on two reverse applications, the first one the borrower refused to sign, and i was to get $40.00 for printing and travel. The second one was with the same borrower.
I e-maild Frank and got that the mail was undeliverable at that address. When I got though on the phone Frank would no be in until 4:00 PM but would call me back when he comes in. No call, i had to call him again, i got through and Frank makes like he never hear of this borrower, me or knows that he owes me $165.00. If I file in small claims court if will get a no show default judgement, but what then.
Speedy Closing is off my preferred list. I would work for them even if the paid in full up front!
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2015 :  10:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
slow pay, never again.
Go to Top of Page

mjt_notary

Minnesota
1 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2015 :  12:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BucksMSA

I am in the same boat. He owes me a lot of money. All of February and January are now due. Do we need to join forces and file complaints together or do we file our own complaints in small claims?

bucksnotary@outlook.com

http://bucksmobilenotary.weebly.com/

I gather from reading these posts about "frank" that I am not the only one trying to collect on past signings. I had to get him to pay on previous work twice, emails and phone calls. Finally I got paid, and now I am in the same boat. I am not sure what the recourse is other than to comment here to warn others and N-E-V-E-R do business with Speedy Closings again....

Mike
http://www.north-star-notary.com

Mike Thomas
NorthStarNotay2010@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

BucksMSA

Pennsylvania
13 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  09:17:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit BucksMSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am in the same boat. He owes me a lot of money. All of February and January are now due. Do we need to join forces and file complaints together or do we file our own complaints in small claims?

bucksnotary@outlook.com

http://bucksmobilenotary.weebly.com/

quote:
Originally posted by wac283

Did two signings in one day for this company. Frank told me that it was a 30 day net, so I decided to send invoices a few days prior as a reminder. Sent the invoices last week, and have had no response or reply. Now I get email bounce back for webmaster when trying to get registered on website which doesn't work. Then email to Frank comes back with auto-reply:

I will be out of the office and will not return until Wednesday, March 11, 2015.
I will not be monitoring this email, however, someone in my office will be
checking email and responding.
You may also back up emails to closings@speedyclosing.com.

I guess that's one way to delay payment. I'm going to take the route Diana took and start tacking on 1%, per diem over 30 days.

Cheryl M Sievers

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2015 :  4:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's Frank for you - sorry to see some things never change. Sorry, someone in that office HAS to be able to address these issues and not leave notaries hanging out to dry on fees.

Just a small word of advice though - be careful with tacking on interest - unless you disclose it up front that that's your business practice it could be against your regulations. Also, interest and late fees may be regulated by state statute - example: one state I'm aware of limits it to 12% per *year* - your 1% per day amounts to 30% per month and 365% per year...I'm guessing your state will frown on that.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

wac283

South Carolina
9 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2015 :  3:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did two signings in one day for this company. Frank told me that it was a 30 day net, so I decided to send invoices a few days prior as a reminder. Sent the invoices last week, and have had no response or reply. Now I get email bounce back for webmaster when trying to get registered on website which doesn't work. Then email to Frank comes back with auto-reply:

I will be out of the office and will not return until Wednesday, March 11, 2015.
I will not be monitoring this email, however, someone in my office will be
checking email and responding.
You may also back up emails to closings@speedyclosing.com.

I guess that's one way to delay payment. I'm going to take the route Diana took and start tacking on 1%, per diem over 30 days.

Cheryl M Sievers
Go to Top of Page

becmiller

Utah
16 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2014 :  2:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit becmiller's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I told Frank I was concerned about closing for him because of this negative feedback regarding slow pay. He said he would pay the day of closing via PayPal. I agreed and after the closing he paid into my PayPal account. It went well.

Go to Top of Page

patlynnw

New York
21 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  9:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awful company - chasing them for months for payment for work done in December 2013 and March 2014.... Not thrilled at all

Patricia Warmack
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  6:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to take a job from him about a month ago but the timing didn't work out so he got someone else. Glad that worked out for me :) and I will know how to respond to him if he calls again.

quote:
Originally posted by BillTheNotary

Two months and ten days and still no payment from Speedy Closing and Title. Wish I would have checked the forum before taking the job.

William Charles Comer

Go to Top of Page

BillTheNotary

Missouri
1 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  08:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit BillTheNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Two months and ten days and still no payment from Speedy Closing and Title. Wish I would have checked the forum before taking the job.

William Charles Comer
Go to Top of Page

Texas
1 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  09:33:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the worst signing company I have ever had. Over 60 days and no payment but keep saying 2 more weeks NOTARY BEWARE - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AND ALWAYS CHECK THEIR STANDINGS BEFORE DOING IT.

Glenda Yancy Roberts
Go to Top of Page

Diana

Pennsylvania
45 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  10:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a lot of Payment issues with Speedy, Frank and I had a good re pour, but when it came to paying it was like he fell off the face of the earth. I sent several emails, faxes, messages. I finally sent a threatening email stating I would report him to the IRS. He sent me my total payment (4 signings) plus all the interest I tacked on. I put 1% per day after the 30 days allotted by Law.. So on day 31 of each closing I added 1% each day until I was paid in full!. He has called me several times since October to do more work for him, I said The only way I will work for Speedy is if he pays upfront Via Pay-Pal and I charge $2 for paying with Pay-Pal..
Good luck to all of you, keep emailing him and Don't be nice about it, You should get your check.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  10:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pslnotary

Thanks Linda.....that doesn't sound promising!!

Dawn Steinhurst

LOL...so sorry - I was really being sincere in saying good luck and I hope you get your money!!..

Linda
Go to Top of Page

pslnotary

Florida
31 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  09:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit pslnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda.....that doesn't sound promising!!

Dawn Steinhurst
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  09:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pslnotary

Frank has owed me money since August 3......time to get the lawyer involved!

Dawn Steinhurst

Good Luck, Dawn!!... :)

Linda
Go to Top of Page

pslnotary

Florida
31 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  08:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit pslnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank has owed me money since August 3......time to get the lawyer involved!

Dawn Steinhurst
Go to Top of Page

SGravatt

Virginia
5 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  08:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to email back and forth with Frank Amari several times. I performed a closing on 9/7 and wasn't paid until 11/12. The original contract said I would be paid on 10/15, so I did wait a little more than 60 days. But, I also had this situation with Genuine Title and eventually collected. It's little pay these days for the amount of headache and time that goes into it. I'm not sure I would close for them again just because I don't want to have to chase someone in order to get paid and too many other people have had trouble with this company. I will say that the documents were delivered in good order though and they were easy to work with up front.

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

From what I've heard, Frank is taking 60-75 days to pay - so a closing on 9/7 will probably be paid early-mid November. That's the way he's always been.

If that's not acceptable to you, you most certainly CAN complain to title and eventually MAKE it their problem - they'll be a defendant in a small claims action if it comes to that. I'd write Speedy a letter with a copy to the title company with a drop dead date for payment or else - but first (a) make SURE your loan funded by checking for the recorded security instrument that YOU notarized; and then (b) review your records and make sure there were no extenuating circumstances where they'd refuse to pay you for any reason; then (c) be prepared to follow through with your "or else" - file a small claims action, file a complaint with the title company's state regulatory agency (do NOT threaten to contact the borrowers - the borrowers are out of it, they've paid your fee, and as far as the company is concerned you're just making idle threats that you can't follow through on - or won't do you any good)..

Knowing the company track record the way I do, I'd first not have taken the assignment, but I'd be waiting for the 60 day mark because that's their payment timeframe.

Good Luck.

Linda

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  2:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I've heard, Frank is taking 60-75 days to pay - so a closing on 9/7 will probably be paid early-mid November. That's the way he's always been.

If that's not acceptable to you, you most certainly CAN complain to title and eventually MAKE it their problem - they'll be a defendant in a small claims action if it comes to that. I'd write Speedy a letter with a copy to the title company with a drop dead date for payment or else - but first (a) make SURE your loan funded by checking for the recorded security instrument that YOU notarized; and then (b) review your records and make sure there were no extenuating circumstances where they'd refuse to pay you for any reason; then (c) be prepared to follow through with your "or else" - file a small claims action, file a complaint with the title company's state regulatory agency (do NOT threaten to contact the borrowers - the borrowers are out of it, they've paid your fee, and as far as the company is concerned you're just making idle threats that you can't follow through on - or won't do you any good)..

Knowing the company track record the way I do, I'd first not have taken the assignment, but I'd be waiting for the 60 day mark because that's their payment timeframe.

Good Luck.

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 10/25/2011 2:49:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  2:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not accept what the TC said. If Speedy (their subcontractor) will not pay, then I would draft a letter of complaint to the lender in the transaction and also to the state regulatory agency for the title company (Bureau of Insurance?) in the state where the title company is located, and also in my own state, complaining of failure to fulfill contractual obligations in a real estate transaction. Be sure to have the file number and loan number so you can reference in your letter.

You can send an email to Speedy with a courtesy copy of the letter and tell them you will be notifying the lender and filing it with the state on XX date unless payment is received by then. If payment is not received, then file the complaint.

Go onto the NotaryRotary forum and do a search for these messages:

Good collection information on those messages. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have collected on all my invoices - I will keep pushing buttons until I find the right one. I don't care how mad the SS or TC get - all they have to do is pay me and I will go away.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  09:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys need to contact Speedy's CLIENT (the title company on the job). Be prepared with the TC's file number and ask if the file closed. Then inform them of non-payment by the signing service they use, and ask if they can assist you with securing payment from Speedy.
Go to Top of Page

pslnotary

Florida
31 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  10:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit pslnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have not been paid by Speedy Closing for a job completed 08/03/2011. Last week I emailed and faxed over the past due invoice and received an email back from Frank and then Ron telling me he would check to see if a check had been cut. I replied with check what I know you have not paid me. He wrote back that there were over 300 checks cut the week before (which I find hard to believe)and he was going to see if mine was in there (sure). Well Frank called today and asked if I would do a job for him tomorrow at 515 I accepted the job not realizing who it was and then went and looked after I hung up in my books to see if this company is on my overdue list. I called Speedy (Frank) back and discussed the overdue invoice and he said he was going to mail one out right away, I said well why didn't you when you emailed me back and forth last week that you were going to check. I at that time told him I will not do work for him until he pays me. He said :well fine I have six others in your area as well" (I think he is full of it) so beware if you live anywhere near St Lucie County Florida, he will be looking for you!

Now lets see if I ever get paid!!

Dawn Steinhurst
Go to Top of Page

n/a

0 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  06:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This company sucks!! I did a closing for them in January 17, 2008 and it is March and still haven't received a payment. they pay schedule is awful. Don't no one ever accept any work from them. I talked with Ron and he is an awful manager, I have threaten to sue them for my little $65.00 and he had the nerve to say he would stop payment on my check that I haven't received yet. They give you stories that they have sent out your check for 2 weeks but haven't done anything.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.