123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Closing Quest, LLC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2012 :  12:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they went out of business a couple years ago.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2012 :  12:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can also place their names on the ripoff report online at ripoffreport.com.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

apaloosa

54 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  2:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit apaloosa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also have an unpaid $35 trip fee owed me. I'm taking Jana's advice and will e mail Ross White.
Has anyone heard any update on this.
Thanks for the help.
Arizona Notary

Apaloosa
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  12:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Search this site - I'd swear someone posted that the State of TN was investigating CQ for its business practices...

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

Florida
32 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit 4113's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all. Just a word about the BBB. They are a waste of time. Contact the State Attorney General in the state where Closing Quest is located. If enough people file a complaint the AG will get on their butts to pay or close their doors. I am only owed a trip fee ($35) but I will never accept another assignment from Closing Quest and I would love to see them shut down. Good luck all.

www.marketing-your-niche-business.com
Go to Top of Page

pastormarkag

Missouri
21 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  06:58:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I to was dumb enough to work for Closing Quest. They have owed me for 2 jobs since July of 08. I was considering filing a complaint with the BBB but it sounds like everything that can be done has already been tried. I agree that they need to be run out of business and everyone just needs to tell them to take a hike. I'll just eat mine and chalk it up to experience. Thank God 123notary has the site where you can check out the companies now. I use it quite often and have told several companies that I choose to not work for them because they don't pay their notaries. Some got real mad at me but who cares.
They get what they deserve and I hope that Closing Quest can never find another notary to work for them. Mark

Mark Turnbough
Go to Top of Page

lindasue

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  09:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit lindasue's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean, but I have gone through many sources and if I filed a claim with small claims court, after all is said and done, we still have to do the work to collect what is owed to us. There's no help from anyone else. I just don't know what else to do to collect from them.

Careful what you wish for - force them to shut down and you have no prayer of getting ANY money - as long as they're in business you have recourse for payment. I agree with you that they SHOULDN'T be in business but as long as there are notaries out there willing to take their assignments they'll remain in business.

Have you considered turning to the title companies involved in your overdue invoices and dunning them for payment?

Linda

[/quote]

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  09:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lindasue

.... let's get together and hopefully they will have no choice but close their doors.

Careful what you wish for - force them to shut down and you have no prayer of getting ANY money - as long as they're in business you have recourse for payment. I agree with you that they SHOULDN'T be in business but as long as there are notaries out there willing to take their assignments they'll remain in business.

Have you considered turning to the title companies involved in your overdue invoices and dunning them for payment?

Linda
Go to Top of Page

lindasue

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  08:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit lindasue's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also have a very large amount due to me from Closing Quest that goes back to Feb. 2008 through August 2008. I have sent letters and hired an attorney through PPL and no response at all from them. I'm on board to bring them to justice. I just sent my second complaint to the state of TN because I got a response from Ross White of TN to do that. Whatever we can do, let's get together and hopefully they will have no choice but close their doors.

Go to Top of Page

Conniek

Oregon
78 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  9:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a RUN do not walk away from this company!! Put them on a LIST of your fired--Closing Quest! Find no excuses not to pay just don't. We need to RED FLAG and send them under!! If anyone gets signings and refused, or got paid, PLEASE POST one way or another.

Lets keep the faxes, calls, e-mails for payments and tell them they are red flaged on Master List for Notaries NOT TO USE!!
Go to Top of Page

heniochus

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  10:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit heniochus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CLOSING QUEST HAS MADE THE LIST FOR BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AS ONE OF THE NINE WORST COMPANIES IN TENNESSEE & KENTUCKY. CONGRATS TO xxxxxxxx! WHAT AN IMPRESSIVE TITLE TO HOLD. THIS IS A COMPANY WHICH IS STILL OPERATING IN A LARGE IMPRESSIVE BUILDING PAID FOR BY THE MONEY HE OWES OTHER PEOPLE. KARMA IS ON THE WAY-THIS IS THE FIRST STEP! IF YOU ARE LISTENING TODD, PAY YOUR DEBTS!

Go to Top of Page

azdocsign

Arizona
89 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  06:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit azdocsign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Notary Lady: Thanks for the information. Closing Quest owes me too!

Go to Top of Page

Conniek

Oregon
78 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  9:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another victum from 3/08. Unpaid signing from Closing Quest. Do not work for them. They called me to do a signing in December 09. I aked for my payment for signing 2/08 and they hung up. Be sure your sin will find you out!

ConnieK's Oregon Mobile Notary
Go to Top of Page

Jana

Tennessee
3 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  3:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ROSS WHITE IN THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND INSURNACE FOR THE STATE OF TENNESSEE. HE IS VERY INTERESTED IN GETTING INFORMATION IN REGARDS TO xxxxxxxxxx AND CLOSING QUEST. YOU MAY CONTACT HIM AT Ross.White@stat.tn.us.YOU WILL BE GIVEN A LINK TO COMPLETE A FORM FOR THE STATE OF TENNESSEE. LET'S GET EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS MATTER. WE CAN ONLY HELP IF EVERYONE PARTICIPATES IN THIS ACTION. I WOULD LIKE TO BE PAID FOR THE WORK I DID. I AM SURE xxxxxxxxx HAD A CHRISTMAS WITH HIS FAMILY. THERE IS A NAVITY SCENE IN HIS FRONT YARD AT 502 COLUMBUS DRIVE IN HERMITAGE, TN 37076. MY FEE MUST BE PAYING FOR THE LIGHTING OF HIS CHRISTMAS TREE.

Notary Lady
Go to Top of Page

debcyn

Florida
9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  10:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a lot of signings in the past that I got paid for and didn't have a problem. But then all of a sudden no payment. After many frustrating emails and phone calls I found out that Rikki no longer handles payments but now it is Addison Osprey. Lots of runaround from him. Closing was 6/23/08. Just want to get paid.

Cyndi

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  12:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was recently posted elsewhere by a poster who filed a BBB complaint against Closing Quest....this is CQ's response to the complaint:

"12/05/2008 coh BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : To whom it may concern:
This is a standard response for all enclosed and future complaints.
We are currently pursuing lawsuits against several of our previous clients that owe us over a total of $250,000. Two of our biggest customers filed bankruptcy within the last 2 months owing us over $100,000. We are waiting the outcome of these bankruptcies and lawsuits to know how much of this loss we are going to recover.
We have asked all of our vendors to please have patience and bear with us and we have apologized for all the inconvenience we have caused, however, I do understand their frustration

Thank you,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
President"

Good luck to anyone owed money - if you have to wait for lawsuit settlements and bankruptcy discharges, you're in for a very long wait. I am so glad I stopped working for this company....

Best of luck to you all..

Linda
Go to Top of Page

azdocsign

Arizona
89 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  08:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit azdocsign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been paid by them lately?

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Kentucky
1 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  09:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Closing quest is a non-paying company and should not be worked for period, I know it will be a cold day in ==== before I ever will work for them again. Ray

raymond snyder
Go to Top of Page

hilltopnotary

South Carolina
5 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  3:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit hilltopnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am disgusted at the number of SS that are now not paying their notaries. I have 2 outstanding invoices with this company and no one answers the phone. I have just sent them a nice nasty email stating that where I come from, this is considered "THEFT OF SERVICES", and I will look to my local DA and see if charges can be brought up.

Go to Top of Page

mariabakies

Connecticut
42 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  08:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a closing in May ... still no payment .... I have called the Owner and received no response ... I've called ... emailed ... faxed ... NOTHING! Someone actually gave me the owner's home address and phone number ... i'm afraid to do anything with it ... don't want to get nabbed for harassment....

Go to Top of Page

thensley

Kentucky
32 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  07:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit thensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is maddening. This company should be ashamed of themselves....they owe me for the following: 2/8/08 $90 fee; 3/31/08 $150 fee; 4/23/08 $85 fee; 6/4/08 $75 fee...this is work I did for them and I DESERVE TO BE PAID. The company used to pay on time and I'm not sure what happened to turn them completely unethical and unprofessional. I have umteen unreturned phone calls and emails....they have probably shut the doors by now...leaving the closers that assisted them in making money, hanging dry. Thanks RIKKI, ADDISON AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE A/P WITHIN THIS COMPANY. I even try calling the owner Todd, at 615-515-5656 and he never calls me back. Just remember what goes around comes around. Maybe these people will end up locked up for something...or even worse....that would be justice. This is unacceptable. We deserve to be paid for our services rendered.

Trina Hensley
Go to Top of Page

susanbryant

Missouri
15 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  5:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit susanbryant's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started last week faxing my PAST DUE bill everyday. Might be childish but it has worked before. :)

Susan Bryant
Go to Top of Page

cowgirl

Missouri
5 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  11:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this company has owed me also for 4 closings since dec of 2007. they are rude and never answer I keep calling maybe someday they will need to have another closing and I get the chance to say no!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Conniek

Oregon
78 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  12:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you think about it, all of you contributed to Closing Quest's bottom line! Send a fax bill every day! If we all did that, they will shut down or pay. Calls, messages, e-mails for PAYMENT! Maybe if we send an e-mail or invoice with all our unpaid signings and say NO MORE BUSINESS for Closing Quest from these Notaries!! PAY UP or CLOSE UP!! We WILL stop your fraudulent business!! CLOSE YOU UP!

Anyone near this place? We will have you go open the door, go to the top dog and say your ILLEGAL PAYDAY just stopped! I have all these Notaries ready to have a hold up class action in your face! Then we need photos of owner(s) and a promise to pay by...DATE. Everyone on list! Any other suggestions? Balloon Boquet with water balloons and invoices!! A squirt gun with water paint color. How do you like getting the wet treatment? We are getting the shaft treatment...you will too! My unpaid signing was 3/19/08. UGH!!

Go to Top of Page

foxymim

Nebraska
10 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  09:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit foxymim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an outstanding invoice for a closing in May with closingquest and I just talked to Brandi Brooks, closing coordinator @ Closingquest and guess what??? They now have a new accounting person, who's name is Addison, and if I were to send an email to her at accounting@closingquest.com I will hear from her this afternoon after she gets out of her training class. Anyone want to take bets on whether I get a response or better yet a check in the near future??

Foxy
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  04:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for them? Are they still in business?

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=54&Closing+Quest%2C+LLC
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.