123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Flagship Title Services
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  04:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My recollection is that there are at least 5 different companies called Flagship Title, two registered and active ones located in Florida: Flagship Title LLC (Wesley Chapel) and Flagship Title and Closing Associates, LLC (Orlando), one unregistered business (Tampa), plus a few recently dissolved businesses. One in Virginia is called Flagship Title Services, Inc. (Hampton, VA). I'm sure there are many others with the same short name. With common names, it is especially important to specify their full names and their location (city, state). This should reduce some confusion.

This also needs to apply to nationwide companies that have offices all across the country, where each office does their own scheduling or has contracts/agreements with signing services. Such as North American Title, which has a dozen or so offices in Florida alone.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  7:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is confusing. I researched Flagship title on google, and their main office seems to be in Florida, not Virginia. Is this the same company? Did their Hampton, Virginia office fold? I recently updated review statistics on this company.

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=312&Flagship+Title+Services
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
3 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  11:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted the links yesterday. Guess it takes awhile for them to approve postings that include URLs.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  10:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim O'Donoghue owns Flagship Title in Hampton, VA. I've never heard of Mike Desantis, but like I said I haven't had any dealings with them in 2 1/2 years.

Can you post a link to the web page where you are looking up their corporate info? The VA State Corporations site is so difficult to navigate - I can never get any info out of it!

Thanks!

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
3 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  09:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you.

It's quite strange as Flagship is shown as a fictitious entity in the Virginia Corporate Commissions listing. Instead, a Flagship Title Services search appears as Hampton Roads Abstractors Corp (Corp ID - 0557604-6) which was dissolved in July. Yet they still answer their phones and are doing business. Wonder who owns them now or if they have set up a different business that it tracks to. It's all a bit strange. Wish I'd seen your posts earlier.

Have you come across Mike Desantis there? Or Kim O'Donoghue?
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  06:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never met any of them so I have no idea what he looks like, but yes, Curtis works there and I believe he is the significant other of Flagship owner, Kim. I believe her sister is Katie, who also works there. I don't know how many people work at Flagship but they seem to keep it all in the family.

I quit accepting jobs from them in early 2007 due to their payment issues.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
3 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  05:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious if the person I dealt with at Flagship Title was Curtis. Can't find my notes. Tall, heavy-set fellow in late 30's?

How many people typically work at the office in Hampton?

Thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  05:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cannot understand how Flagship still has their doors open at this point...

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

youngster

Maryland
44 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  05:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit youngster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Boy can Flagship talk a good game when they want you to do a job. Did two jobs in August '08. After several months of waiting, I never got paid. I was going on a personal trip to Va. and had to pass through Hampton. Decided to stop in and try to collect in person. Curtis was there and he started yelling like a wild man and trying to intimidate me. (He was a bit un-nerving). He asked how I had the nerve to come there in person to collect. He tried to turn the tables on me and indicate that I was unprofessional in my collection effort. I asked how he had the nerve to hire me with no intention of paying me. Michelle walked in and asked me to go outside to talk with her about payment. I did, and she agreed to pay me. She asked me to call on my way back home and maybe I could pick up the check. Of course, when I did, she did not have the check ready.

Within a week, she mailed me payment for 1 of the closings. I have never received payment for the other despite many phone calls and emails to her. Valuable lesson learned. Never do business with someone who starts off "sweet talking". They usually are the ones who won't pay.

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  4:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also - check your state laws as to whether you can charge interest on past due balances....throw that in for good measure...

And if you do draft the small claims complaint, send a copy to the state regulatory agency for the title company...get them in on it...

Good Luck.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  1:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi wedding2600,

The Virginia notary friend that I mentioned in my prior post filed the small claims paperwork and when the sheriff attempted to serve the civil warrant, I guess Flagship had moved to another floor in the building so the papers didn't get served. My friend then faxed the paperwork to Flagship - they went into panic mode and immediately coughed up a check for all that was owed to her plus the court filing fees.

Here's my suggestion: Complete the small claims paperwork. Fax it to Flagship with a demand letter and deadline that says you will file the paperwork if payment is not received by XX date. That way you hopefully won't have to expend any $$ on court filing fees. Another suggestion is to also include the title company on your small claims paperwork (all my Flagship deals, they acted as a signing service and not a title company). Then of course fax to the title company as well as to Flagship. This should produce angry e-mails or phone calls from both parties, but that's the intent! The intent is for TC to get upset with Flagship and demand that they pay you.

I'm trying to collect right now from another signing service for a job I did in Sept. I called the TC last week and verified that the file funded, that signing service was paid upon funding, informed them that I had not been paid by signing service, asked them for assistance in contacting signing service, etc.

I then e-mailed the TC to thank them for taking the time to speak with me, I recapped all the info (file number, lender and loan number, date of closing, date of funding, date signing service was paid, etc) and blah blah blah. Then when I sent it, I cc'd the signing service. Only 30 minutes later I received an angry e-mail telling me to never contact his client again and that obviously our business relationship was over. He said he would send my payment by 2-day express mail that day. Mission Accomplished! Now, according to the tracking number he didn't actually mail the express mail until yesterday, but it's on its way (I'm pretty sure - I'll know for sure when it's actually delivered). I was actually planning to implement my next move today but this morning the tracking number finally showed as active.

If the payment doesn't come, I already have another strongly worded letter written that I will send via e-mail to the signing service, and I will cc the processor at the TC and I also did some digging on-line and found the TC owner's name and e-mail address. If that didn't work, I was going to complete the small claims paperwork and fax it to both TC and signing service next week.

Give those ideas a try. If you are persistent, you will usually get your money.

CopperheadVA

UPDATE: Yes, I received payment!

Edited by - CopperheadVA on 12/27/2008 04:40:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Kentucky
1 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  12:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Add another non-pay to the list for flagship. This my first year as a closing notary. I did a job for Flagship in august an yet to be paid. I have sent several e-mails requesting payment, no payment as of yet. Michele Thompson at Flagship replyed to a few e-mails, saying i will be paid and that she sent it to accounting. I am still waiting.. any suggestion on how to deal with them????
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  11:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stopped working for Flagship in early 2007 because of their disorganization and payment issues. I have several Virgina notary friends who continued to work for Flagship even though they were aware of the payment issues. Now at least one of them has a filed small claims case against Flagship for failure to pay for services rendered.

I think all of us need to become more diligent about reading the signs of a failing company and responding accordingly. These notary forums are priceless for the information they provide on the payment practices of various companies. I know that the info has saved me many times over from working for a company that likely would not have paid me.

You can look Flagship up on the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website:

http://www.scc.virginia.gov/division/boi/external/app/agentlookup/

Be sure that you choose the "agency" option on the drop-down box. The results will show you the two title insurance companies that Flagship has appointments with. Perhaps a letter of complaint to these companies will yield results?

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
2 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  07:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always had to wait up to 90 days for Flagship to pay but now I have been waiting since February. Got an email letter from them saying that the companies aren't paying them so they can't pay me. I don't believe that Countrywide is not disbursing the funds after the loan closes. The last two closings I did for them were for Countrywide and I put more stock in them than that. I think the management is poor and I will not be doing further closings until I have been paid for what is outstanding.

Mary Branson
Go to Top of Page

Florida
32 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  09:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit 4113's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, I guess my experience with Flagship will pale in comparison with most of what I have read here!! I completed two closings in Feb. 2008 and after about three months finally got a check for $150. There was no breakdown on the check stub with the check, and since I was quoted $125 for each closing, I can only assume I was paid a trip fee for each closing. When I called Flagship and inquired as to when I would get the remaining $100 I was told checks went out every thirty days and that it would be sent then. Well, that was over two months and another invoice and several phone calls ago. It looks like I may be eating the other $100, but I will persist and definitely add Flagship to my NO-NO list. Thanx everyone. I feel your pain. Good luck!

www.marketing-your-niche-business.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Ohio
2 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  09:34:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a closing at the last minute for Flagship on March 30th. I drove 90 miles round trip and agreed to $150 fee. They still haven't paid me and its the same run around as others. Call Connie or send an e-mail...I won't work for them again and I'm having an attorney send a letter of collection.

Edited by - n/a on 06/29/2008 09:35:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
1 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  06:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DON'T WORK FOR FLAGSHIP TITLE in HAMPTON, VA. I did a couple of jobs for them a year or so ago and had a hard time getting paid. A year later they called, but before I committed to do the job, I inquired about the length of time it took to get and paid and was assured that they were under NEW MANAGEMENT and things were much better. That was JOKE. I did one job in February 2008 and then three in March. On one of the jobs, I got a call around 10pm for the next afternoon. Silly me I helped them out as I had just gottn paid for the February job. I still have not gotten paid after weekly phone calls and assurances that emails have been sent to the manager. I will never work for them again and hope this send a message to everyone else. Be cautious. It doesn't matter who calls to schedule the job (all three were different including one from Curtis). You may never get paid. They tell you to call/email Cindy Higgins but youo never get a reply or response back.

Sara Alexander
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
1 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  04:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In 2007 I had a heck of a time getting paid for a closing. I finally got paid and in March 2008 got suckered in to do another closing with the promise all was okay and there would be no future delays in receiving payments. Despite calls and emails I haven't received any payment. The only way I would do future business with Flagstaff is to receive my payment in a certified check when the docs are received.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
2 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  07:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did 2 closings for this company in November and did not get paid until mid February. It is as others have stated. They tell you the check has been cut or is in the mail. My check was dated for December, but they didn't send it to me until February. Curtis Minton is great at low balling with the promise that the volume he gives you will make up for it. They also want you to fax back a ridiculous number of documents. Their contract stated 60 days to pay, and believe me thats before they even think about paying you. After threatening not to do any more closings and turning them down, I finally got paid the total amount due me. I still had to keep calling and sending requests for payment. I will not do any more closings for this company. It is not worth the hassle. I also think they are about to fold.

Lora L Worsley
Go to Top of Page

mrazkirby76

Virginia
7 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  9:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrazkirby76's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did one mid February and am still waiting for payment. Have called and emailed. Told they had a new system and all my paperwork was not in. Faxed everything over, 2 weeks later no payment. Claimed they still didn't have paperwork. Faxed again and called. They had paperwork and would process. That has been 2 weeks ago and still no payment.
Go to Top of Page

Stamper

North Carolina
17 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  3:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stamper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Flagship Title convinced me they would pay me before I ever did any work for them. They owe me $280 for months and will not acknowldege my calls or emails.
Go to Top of Page

vanotary

Virginia
3 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  07:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit vanotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Flagship is displaying all the signs of a company ready to fold. At this point I will not accept any more signings from them. I am owed for three from March. If they are having problems they should just be honest and upfront and tell you but they give lame excuses instead.

vanotary
Virginia
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Illinois
3 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  06:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked for this company Jan and Feb 2008 no pay as of yet. I called, faxed and email invoice several times, no pay. They have a problem paying.

quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

Has anyone worked for this company recently?

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  10:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for this company recently?
Go to Top of Page

jandjnotary

Illinois
38 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  5:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a couple for them a while back. It did take a long time to get paid. I question all the "new" companies that call us now and make them tell me when we will be receiving a check. That doesn't mean I always get it when they tell me, but knowing that I ask alot of questions regarding payment also tells them that I won't be messing around either.

James Coda
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  12:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever done work for Flagship Title and Curtis Minton. I did 2 closings for them in early January and I still have not received payment even after multiple calls. I have spoken to several people at Flagship and they keep telling me the "the check has been cut" well it must have been cut into little pieces because it has not been sent to me. It is now March 1st and still no payment from Flagship. Please let me know any of your experience with them or is the just another title company using the closing funds to keep their busniess running with no regard to the cost the notary has incurred closing their loan for them. Oh yeah in this is after they low balled me to do the closing with edocs and fax backs promissing payment within 30 days.

Ed Fadden
orlandonotary@embarqmail.com
407-619-7777

Best Services
1520 Druis Isle Rd
Maitland FL 32751

Covering all of Central Florida
Orange-Seminole-lake-Osceola and Volusia Counties

ed fadden
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.