123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Notary Direct?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ohionotarial

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  02:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit ohionotarial's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't complain about my dashboard rating of "very good", but I too was rated as "poor" in respect to my fees when they show a base rate of $75.00 for me. I would never work through a large Refi package for $75 anyway, and I have turned down all but one offer from them so far. They do tend to throw out a low fee, but I consider that to be their starting point for negotiation and I always work for fees that I consider fair with consideration to the rural territory that I cover. I don't take a low offer personally and I don't think that a reply of "no, thank you" is too much trouble for any company that might meet my fee out of necessity down the road, as this is my experience with ND. I have nothing bad at all to say, my experience continues to be good. But while I would much rather not have to haggle and give my preference to working with companies that offer a fair fee right from the get go, they have a preference for a forty dollar signing agent. To each his own!

Jay Schankman - Ohio Notary Public
NNA Certified Signing Agent
Notary2Pro Trained

"Providing Notarial Services Throughout Central and Southern Ohio"

www.ohionotarial.com

Edited by - ohionotarial on 05/28/2015 03:02:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Retiredkop

Colorado
29 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2015 :  05:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I am going to create my own Dashboard and send it to Notary Direct, and have it reflect their performance, like they do mine. I am rated a poor on their dashboard because they have determined my fee's are too high. I live in a remote area of Southern Colorado, everything is a drive, we have no FEDEX, or UPS store. We have drop boxes for both shippers, there is one in my town, one 30 miles West of here. So if I handle an assignment in a town 30 miles North of my I have a 103 mile round trip to do the signing and drop the packet off at the box. I charge $200.00 for that assignment without printing. Town is a 23 mile round trip for me, so I charge $125.00 per assignment minimum. You would swear that the money is coming directly out of the wallet of the assigning agent. They get very rude on the phone, when I tried to explain my fee's was told "Notary Direct is a for profit company' whether I make a profit is no concern to them!" I also have poor error rating because almost three years ago I missed a signature. It matters not that I have done 20 error free signings since then. I refused their last assignment because of their defaming dashboard. I got a phone call explaining that everything is automatically done by computer and posted to their dash board. They say the get a lot of complaints from other notaries about the dashboard. Simple solution, get rid of the dashboard.
Go to Top of Page

Christina H

California
12 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2015 :  1:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't mind working for them for the most part. I despise working with one agent, he is just not friendly and can be downright rude at times. Calls with him always seem to end in a near argument. He even gave me attitude once for "sounding too happy" when I asked how his day was going...wow. I do have to argue for my pay occasionally but will usually get my fee from all the other closing agents.

Yesterday was my first refusal to sign. We were unable to get in touch with the Loan Officer or Notary Direct. I had them fill out the refusal to sign form and uploaded it to the website. I called in this morning and asked what my fee would be for the signing not closing once I was there. My rep wasn't available so I spoke with Melissa. She asked a few questions and then looked up the file. She immediately sent me a new confirmation with an updated rate for the print/trip fee, which was actually a few dollars more than what I was going to ask for.

Payments are usually sent within 30 days, I've never had to call and ask about a payment. I don't worry too much about my rating on their site. They have me rated as excellent but poor on my fees. Which is fine, I'd rather stand my ground and not take low ball offers.
Go to Top of Page

betty1957

Illinois
35 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2015 :  06:04:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: They will pay me $75.00--WOW! I am getting $25.00 more for a RTS!!--for an agreed upon $95.00 closing. My DD offered $120.00 for this closing, which I SHOULD have done. I wrote:
"I was promised $95.00 for this signing appointment. I went to the signing unaware of the borrower's conflict. I had NO instructions to call the borrower ahead of time to ask if he did NOT want to sign. How would THAT sound if the borrower was anxious to sign?..."
REALLY! How DOES it sound to anticipate a RTS to avoid spending the gas and wear and tear on your car to drive places that the banks are too cheap to send their own reps to?!?!?!?
" Do what you need to do. I will do what I need to do. "
If you hire an attorney to defend you and he/she goes to court and first time gets the charges dropped, but you paid a whopping fee, you don't get any of it back.
I was fully prepared for this signing. I have only had 7/430 signings that were refusals and I have gotten full pay from them.
AS SOON AS I AM PAID for all current invoiced jobs, I WILL deactivate my profile.
I am thoroughly enjoying this Forum bc we can stand together. We are NOT simply office staff that prints documents. We have a legal status and take an oath to uphold it.
It is a crying shame that the middlemen seek to steal from us.

betty j. dedman
Go to Top of Page

betty1957

Illinois
35 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2015 :  7:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am on the verge of doing the same. I first worked for them two years ago, and when they threw downloads with no time to prepare at me, I admittedly made a few errors. That doesn't happen anymore, and they rate me as if I was getting a D-
I had my first Refusal to Sign tonight with a document package through them. The borrower spent over an hour on the phone with the lender and they could not agree on the figures. There was no amount of persuasion that would have made this happen. When I called ND, they told me that my fee would be cut. ***TOTAL BURN***
I did as I was asked to do, print and prep the documents, burned my OWN gas and wear and tear, like we all do, and had NO IDEA that this would be a RTS. I had planned on checking documents tonight and pack for shipment tomorrow---NOBODY likes these!!
It's just a bunch of BS. I will deactivate my profile after I get paid. Otherwise my DH (attorney) will have to write letters demanding payment. I WITH YOU, Amy!!!!! **hugs**
quote:
Originally posted by 31146

Just yesterday, I "deactivated" my profile with Notary Direct. This, after a situation where the right hand didn't know what the left was doing, and I was caught in the middle. I figured it just wasn't worth the hassle anymore. Their rating system is ridiculous and degrading. I stuck it out despite that but after this recent experience, I figured it just wasn't worth it anymore. Their fees are getting lower and lower and I wasn't accepting many assignments from them anyway.

Amy in New Orleans

betty j. dedman
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
4 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2015 :  5:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just yesterday, I "deactivated" my profile with Notary Direct. This, after a situation where the right hand didn't know what the left was doing, and I was caught in the middle. I figured it just wasn't worth the hassle anymore. Their rating system is ridiculous and degrading. I stuck it out despite that but after this recent experience, I figured it just wasn't worth it anymore. Their fees are getting lower and lower and I wasn't accepting many assignments from them anyway.

Amy in New Orleans
Go to Top of Page

Retiredkop

Colorado
29 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was awarded an assignment last week from Notary Direct. They set the appointment 3 days in advance, the morning of the assignment I e-mailed them about document status. I got nothing, i sent another one two hours later and i noticed that they just contacted the lender. 30 minutes before the assignment they called and said the appointment had to be rescheduled do to lack of docs. They set it for the next day, we had the same problem, no docs right up to the appointment time. I called off the assignment and was told that they wanted me to go that night. I was booked and couldn't do it. They told me that they would get someone else. I told them I am the only NNA certified notary in this 8,000 square mile area, that it was me or nothing. They scheduled it for tomorrow, but balked because I wanted more money. They finally agreed, if it is a no go tomorrow they will have no one to service their assignments in this area. I complained about their Dashboard, and was told that if I didn't make a mistake I would have a good rating. My turnaround is less than one hour and am rated fair. I have a poor rating because I made one small mistake a year ago, it matters not that the 12 assignments since have been perfect. My fee rating is poor also, must be that I will not go 50 miles one way after printing a 300 page packet for $40.00.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  08:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got to poking around on their site and ALNOTARY is correct--turnaround time is time it takes you to contact the B to confirm the Appt. upon receipt of the order. I agree with ALNOTARY's rationale of 'not too soon'. But, I do wonder just how they think they know when contact was made

Ahhhh...what do I know...I haven't worked with them in about a year...just the one time they met my $175 fee.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  09:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that many have the relationship backasswards.

How YOU rate them is the important part, chasing "ratings" with them puts you at a severe disadvantage.

They can rate me as "a turd" as long as they pay a fair fee, up front, to my PayPal account. They will get a "fundable" package.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  09:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did a loan for them yesterday. After much confusion (No fax backs, I received email that it was an investment property and required fax backs, they said no, then said yes, then begrudgingly adjusted my fee) I followed the instructions in the package on where to fax the docs "within 1 hour of the completed closing" in order to fund right away. The next morning, I receive an email from Michelle who said I was not to follow the instructions in the package and I had to fax to them for "quality review" and now I will need to re-fax the package to her.
Rude, demeaning, unprofessional, unclear. I have a "Very Good" rating with them as I've been error free but my fees are rated as "POOR". How ridiculous! No wonder they need to do quality review if they think they can get error-free closings with low-budget notaries. Not worth the hassle!

Go to Top of Page

dhelmic2

Mississippi
28 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  6:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit dhelmic2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YES, they want to low ball you all the time regarding the fees. And fax backs are an issue with them.
Go to Top of Page

spineycurchin

Hawaii
3 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  09:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am continually being low balled for refi and other docs. Three times in succession they failed to tell me up front there are faxbacks, one time a guy said there weren't any and when I got the order, it was stated there. I've had to call back and argue about the fax backs and they begrudgingly added an additional fee. On my profile I'm rated excellent for turn around and poor for fees? I charge a very fair and standard rate for the amount of work requested so I think they need to re-evaluate how they treat us notaries. Also, I find they really haggle about the rate right on the line of being just rude.

tcross
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  1:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep...guess it could be the time between receipt of order and actual contact with the B. But, we really have little control of that for as many reasons as you can think of.

This is sorta off-topic, but I got a call from them this morning for a RM w/docs to B. It was a 72 mile/2hr. round trip...and they offered $40! I said, "I'm sure I mis-heard you." No. I heard right--$40, but she did add 'you don't have to print'. Riiiiight. Sheesh.

To be fair, on the extremely rare times that they actually do agree to my fee, they've always paid it timely.

Go to Top of Page

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  04:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, "turnaround" is the time it takes to call the borrower and confirm the appt on their website. When I take an appt, I do not usually call and confirm until a few days before or the morning of the appt. In my experience, if I call right then, by the time the appt rolls around (a week later) I have to call and remind the borrower and in most cases they have already forgotten about it. Plus depending on my schedule, I may not have time to call that day or the next day. I like to call in between 8:30am and 5:30pm and never over the weekend, as a courtesy to the borrower - not too early and not too late.

Edited by - ALNOTARY on 09/12/2013 04:12:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  05:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd guess turnaround means getting docs dropped the same day as the signing.

Go to Top of Page

Melanie363

20 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  5:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just logged in to my dashboard. I too would like to know what "Turn Around" means. Mine says "poor" and my FEES are "Fair". They also didn't update my E & O information or my background check info.
Go to Top of Page

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  11:14:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just logged into Notary Direct (its been a few weeks) and noticed they have a new thing - it's your Notary Dashboard. You are actually rated on this page by them. Needless to say, I am pretty upset about this and my rating. I have done alot of work for them over the past couple of years and have only had 1 mistake (never knew about that one). I have nego my fees with them so we were both happy and I am not quite sure what the "turnaround" means but they rate that too! If you have not seen this when you log in, you might wanna log in and see how they are rating you. I don't know if this is shared somewhere for others to see but I hope not!! It could really effect business as it is not accurate. I am really disappointed in the online changes they are/have made to their website! I I have had nothing but a great experience with them and have said so in many posts on different blogs and forums. Anyone else agree or disagree with your rating by them? Please share!

ALNOTARY

Edited by - ALNOTARY on 08/18/2013 11:18:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christine

Oklahoma
21 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  06:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for sharing your experience. It is good to know the companies that will pay in a timely manner, albeit for a low fee. :D

Christine Oldham BS PMP CNSA
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  07:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have absolutely no issues getting paid withing 30 days but they are low payers.

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

pasignag

New York
16 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  09:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit pasignag's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are one of the slowest payers I have worked for.
They are completely unresponsive to emails and it took several calls to actually reach a live person.
Then I was told a couple more weeks for payment.
Two months for payment is unacceptable to me.

The excuses and stall tactics I just received on the phone when I finally reached someone tells me I am smart to be done conducting business with them. When you make $75 and that involves a month of collection efforts in addition to the job, that's a bad business deal.

Edited by - pasignag on 04/03/2013 10:05:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2013 :  5:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Notary Direct was great to work for. Paid my fee quickly, easy package. DO NOT CONFUSE THEM WITH NATIONS DIRECT!!! Nations Direct is a nightmare....

Go to Top of Page

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  1:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Love, Love Love working with Notary Direct! Especially Jeff Kroll and Dawn Brasher! You guys are the best!!!

ALNOTARY
Go to Top of Page

Dapper Dan

Arizona
5 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  5:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dapper Dan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was just taken on by this company. I was excited to do business with them. I think i will trust all of your professional judgement that this is not a good company. Thanks for the heads up!

Best Regards,

Daniel P. Wurzbacher
Wurzbacher Enterprises LLC, Chief Executive Officer
(480)-678-9853
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/danielwurzbacher/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/thewurzbacher

Wurzbacher Enterprises LLC
Follow us: www.linkedin.com/company/wurzbacher-enterprises-llc
Like us: www.facebook.com/WurzbacherEnterprises

"Industry is the soul of business and the keystone to prosperity".
-- Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  10:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a low ball $75 offer for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

tundrades

Texas
31 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  02:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit tundrades's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

quote:
Originally posted by tundrades

They claim they pay on the 30th of the month for the previous month which could put you 60 days or more.

Did a job for them took 74 days to receive payment. Interesting to note the check was dated for the last day of the month the signing took place (September) but the check was mailed November 16th.

Desmond OConnor

Hi Desmond:

Not sure if you realize it or not, but you've posted the same message on two threads (no crime there), but the two threads are different companies - this one for "Notary Direct" and the other for "Nations Direct".

It would help if you'd clarify which company you're referring to. Maybe edit or delete the incorrect one.

Thanks and JMHO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

This relates to Nations Direct corrected other thread

Desmond OConnor
Go to Top of Page

crazylady916

Oklahoma
8 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  4:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit crazylady916's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Man I haven't had a loan closing in months, and I mean months...its like I fell off the face of the earth. Now I have gotten 3 jobs from them in the last 3 weeks- its been sweet. All Capital One loans which are sooo easy. Especially when they mail the docs to the borrower. Anyone had much history with them?
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.