123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 J. G. Wentworth Structured Settlements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

groberts131

Tennessee
27 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2015 :  6:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit groberts131's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by patlynnw

Did an assignment for this company on short notice by request over 60 days ago and was not paid. JG Wentworth is on my Sh*t List!!!

Patricia Warmack

Did you invoice them. I've never had a problem with payment as long as I remember to send an invoice.

TN Notary
Go to Top of Page

patlynnw

New York
21 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2015 :  06:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did an assignment for this company on short notice by request over 60 days ago and was not paid. JG Wentworth is on my Sh*t List!!!

Patricia Warmack
Go to Top of Page

Glenda Inda

1 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2014 :  10:44:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have been doing signings on and off for a few years now. I did a settlement agreement for them on March 4, 2014 and still have not gotten paid. I have sent several emails and have been told that they did not fund the settlement agreement but would submit for payment on several times. The agent that called me was Mario DiMaggio I Assistant Purchasing Manager
Address: 201 King of Prussia Rd, Suite 200, Radnor PA 19087
Phone: (800) 790-4016 x2448 I Fax: 855-278-1655

Will not accept anything from them again.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  4:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my half a dozen dealings with JGW, it appears to me that:

Each agent appears to be on commission and sets their own pay/notpay policy.

After I had a "he did not sign, I make no money, you make no money too" - I put JGW on PayPal in advance status.

It has run about 50/50 on acceptance of MY terms. That's fine with me.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Melanie363

20 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  3:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have completed 2 for JG Wentworth and was paid for them through a Signing Company, usually at the end of the following month. However let me give you some information that I found out today. If you print the docs, and the client cancels at the last minute, or is a no show, you WILL NOT be paid a print fee, or even a trip fee. I have asked to have my name removed from their contact list. If I'm printing 30 pages, using MY ink, MY time, MY paper, MY equipment, then I deserve to be paid for it!! Nations Direct is who contacts me for the appointments, and I've never had a problem with any other company they contract for. And I do several each month for Nations.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  11:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please read our review page for J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=89&J%2EG%2E+Wentworth+Structured+Settlements

Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  7:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's no way I would be at a signing of any type for 4 HOURS unless I was being paid upfront, by the hour.

I've done a lot of structured settlement signings and during the confirmation phone call, in addition to requesting a copy of the borrower's ID and verifying the address we're meeting at, plus the date and time of the appointment, I also ask two very important questions: Have you reviewed the paperwork? Have you spoken with <name of agent> to have your questions and concerns answered?

You should never go to a structured settlement signing without asking those two questions. That way, when you arrive, the borrower is ready to sign. If they are not, then you can reem them for giving you the impression that they were ready for the appointment and saying during the confirmation call that they reviewed the paperwork and spoke to their agent - well, you don't actually reem them, but I think you understand what I mean.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  2:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never worked for JG Wentworth but I can tell you that it's not unusual for companies in this business to pay at 30 days or so. You did the job on 9/24 so it's only been two weeks. I have no idea what JG Wentworth's payment terms are, but there are quite a few no-pay reviews about this company on the other forum.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

vtnotary05

27 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  09:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hired by JGW on 09/24/2010 to notarize 25 pages for a settlement buyout. I arrived on time, and was only supposed to take 30 minutes. 4 HOURS later, I finally left, what a nightmare.... The client had no clue what was going on, was on the phone with JGW, the contract company kept calling. After I left with signed docs, I reported to the contract company everything that transpired and they said they would increase my fees. Honestly, what a joke, still no check, and I will not do another signing for JGW.

Anyone gets a call to do one should demand to get paid up front. I'm new to this but I should not have to chase down being paid by a company who inconvienenced me for four hours because they couldn't get it together with their client.

Funny how the contract company is so nice until you ask for payment.
Go to Top of Page

yngnotary

California
38 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  9:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit yngnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recently got a call from a signing company whose client was JGW. I will let you know how fast the turn around time was on the check.
Go to Top of Page

ALFRED WHITE

5 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  4:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit ALFRED WHITE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recently did a structed settlement signing for them last month. It was easy. I met the client at a local libary it took all on 15 minutes to sign and I had to a fax back but I was paid $100. The fee was paid in less than one week.
Go to Top of Page

dynamic1

Alabama
17 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  3:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I should have responded some time ago I did finally receive payment from JGW but I called the CEO directly to bare my grievances in no time at all I was issued a check but you know I should have charged them interest??
I will never work for them again.
I need more consistant work is anyone getting at least 4 closings per week it so rare when I do. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Linda

6 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  12:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Linda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also did a signing for J. G. Wentworth and was paid within a week, I would work for them again. Very professional.

Go to Top of Page

MoneyMan_TX

Texas
15 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  11:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4/23/10 job for J.G. Wentworth and was paid very quickly. In fact, I sent my invoice in with my PayPal information, due to a mix-up in communication they actually cut me a check AND paid me via my PayPal account. The check arrived within 6 days of the assignment. That kind of payment mix-up is acceptable from any company The check was promptly returned to them.

I will gladly accept new assignments from them.
Go to Top of Page

smstarkes

Florida
5 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  3:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit smstarkes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I conducted a settlement signing for J. G. Wentworth on 04-27-10 and was paid by them via PayPal the next day. Fastest turn around for a signing that I have ever had. The pay was more than fair and prompt. Hopefully they have re-structured their pay process.

Sharon M. Niblack
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  5:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Better Business Bureau helped ease the payment of a 90 day past due due invoice for me after repeated inquiries were ignored.
Go to Top of Page

sailing

Washington
59 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  5:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit sailing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I received payment after I sent them a reminder statement. The woman I dealt with indicated that it was an oversight and paid promptly.

Diane J. Elliott
Go to Top of Page

AZSigner

Arizona
93 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  01:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received a call from JG Wentworth out of Brynmawr, PA back in mid September needing me to travel and meet with a client who was cashing out a settlement. I did a search on another message board and found very mixed reviews - about 50/50. The reviews were a year old and either people loved them or hated them. I went ahead and took the assignment. The man I spoke with, Jaron Pendergast, said that they typically pay when the transaction funds.

I just called because I haven't received payment yet (my invoice says payment is due within 30 days). Jaron's personality changed when I inquired about payment (funny how that happens). It turns out that their transactions can take months to fund, and based on the conversation I just had, I think I'm going to be chasing them for a while because I'm getting the runaround. Yes, I should have asked up-front when the transactions fund, but I FOOLISHLY assumed it would be within a week or so as is the case with most loans.

I noticed that the vast majority of the people who like/love this company are coincidentally the ones who collected up front via overnight check or Paypal. I strongly recommend collecting up front from this company - otherwise you'll be waiting a while......(sigh) another lesson learned the hard way....by the way, I checked on other boards and many people have had payment issues, some of them mentioned Jaron Pendergast by name in their replies.

Edited by - AZSigner on 10/28/2009 1:37:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

sailing

Washington
59 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  10:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit sailing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just looked at the J. G. Wentworth site. There is a link to the BBB on their site. All of you who haven't been paid should post your non-pay dissatisfaction there.

Diane J. Elliott
Go to Top of Page

sailing

Washington
59 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  10:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit sailing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a fool I've been! Why didn't I look here first! Something about this just didn't feel right. I should have listened to my intuition. Guess that I got suckered in by them.

Diane J. Elliott
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
4 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  11:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed a settlement signing for them in September 2008 and was given the run around by voicemail and excuses for months and still am not paid. I was told since the settlement did not go through, they did not want to pay me. I was also told to go to the client and try to collect. Yeah right. I was not hired by the client. I was hired by JG Wentworth. I would caution anyone thinking of working with this company. As Carmen said, ask for Paypal payment upfront.

Go to Top of Page

eefairy303

Texas
47 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  07:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit eefairy303's Homepage  Reply with Quote
got called for a signing for them yesterday. after reading the comments on here, i told them they had to overnight me a check first. i was denied my request, of course. i'm SO glad to have this communication between notaries so we don't get ripped off by companies like J.G. Wentworth. they can afford all those stupid commercials, but can't afford to pay their notaries?? ridiculous.

Go to Top of Page

dynamic1

Alabama
17 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  10:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for them on October 8, 2008 I still have not received payment. I was contacted for the job from Mr. Michael Aiello from Bryn Mawr, Pa. I called him several times he flat out lied to me he told me that when I accepted the job that I was told that I would not be paid until the case for this gentleman went to court as of this date I have not received payment nor have I heard back from JG I was not instructed on this I told him and he kept telling me I was!! He was awful so I called and from the operator transferred to A/P they told me I would receive payment they would cut me a check This made Mr. Aiello very angry! I knew all of this was bull. Did you ever receive payment?

I looked up JG through BBB web site and looked at complaints about them that the number was 40 in the last 36 months and 25 in the last 25 months. Wow it also stated that the Selling Practices had 14 complaints with 14 resolved.

I am not sure who to contact at JG to try to receive my money do you?

Go to Top of Page

saenz

Texas
7 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  06:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit saenz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have always been paid, the one time it took longer, the rep. had left on sick leave, but when i emailed to check on it, I was asked just to resend the invoice and i was paid within a week.
Go to Top of Page

susanbryant

Missouri
15 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  03:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit susanbryant's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a positive experience as well. I was paid as soon as I called to tell him the signing was complete. I did have to fax back the packet but I did not mind as it was to an 800 number. I have to say they are #1 in my book for fast pay. I wish more title companies and ss would pay like that. Have a great Friday everyone and Happy Halloween!

Susan Bryant
Go to Top of Page

NASAmember

6 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  10:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit NASAmember's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have probably seen this company's ads on TV. A person is receiving periodic payments from an insurance annuity, lawsuit or some other source and wants a lump sum of money instead of payments spread over years. J. G. Wentworth will give the person a lump sum now and Wentworth will receive the future periodic payments.

My experience with Wentworth was they called me to travel 170 miles round trip, on April 29, 2005, to notarize documents for their client. I was told to include my invoice for "notary services" with the notarized documents and I'd paid in a week. It's now August 11, 2005 and Wentworth tells me the court did not approve the payment plan and so Wentworth is not paying me. Wentworth says I should try to collect from their client.

Edited by - NASAmember on 08/10/2005 11:20:46 PM
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.