123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Business Cards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

Oklahoma
4 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  04:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My advice is loosen your purse strings and buy the best you can afford. My experience is that in the long run it’s been the cheapest marketing I have spent. People look at a business card and make an overall opinion of you. Why do you dress professional? Well, let your business card express that, too. Pass out cards freely. Even if it is not business oriented. For example, if I need to give someone my #, I just pull out a card. Many, times you will find that you’re connected business-wise or a relative/friend was just recently looking for someone. Bingo! One simple card just paid for itself.

My daughter once worked for Office Depot in the printing dept. Here is a just a little of her advice:

1. Choose good quality paper. Linen with raised lettering is a favorite choice of professionals. Not only does it look good but it also feels good. This pleases our sense of touch.

2. Don’t go crazy on the fonts. One simple font is best. Focus more on font size, italics, and a color of font that is soothing to the eyes. Black is best, avoid reds, yellows, etc.

3. Keep your card simple, no clutter. Not so much information that you don’t allow enough white space. Not too many phone numbers. It’s frustrating to a person trying to decipher through home, office, cell, fax, 2nd contact numbers, etc.

4. Also, don’t print things on the back. Sorry Joan, I don’t mean to disrespectful, but rarely does someone use the calendars. People want to write notes on the back. Reminders of where they met you, your fees, etc.

For a small fee Office Depot, others too, will have an example printed for you. This can be useful if you have any doubts in your choices.

Due to my daughters help I have actually had compliments from Title companies. What does mine look like? Nothing special, but in less that than two seconds you know the name of my business and my name.
Go to Top of Page

lbmobile

New Hampshire
14 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  11:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit lbmobile's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you all! That's just what I was looking for, I'm going to check out all of your suggestions. Laurie
Go to Top of Page

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  11:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suggest you not use home made business cards if you are a serious notary/loan signer. It doesn't look professional. A wonderful website to learn about business cards is www.greatfxbusinesscards.com.

A great place to purchase your business card is www.vistaprint.com; just don't use their "free" business card offer.
If you go to www.gogetnotary.com and scroll down the homepage there is a sample of good business cards by notaries and this could set you on the right direction.

My business card is laminated, foiled, and has a calendar on the back.

Joan Bergstrom
24/7 To Riverside & San Bernardino Counties
Over 3500 Loan Signings
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
joan.bergstrom@yahoo.com
Cell: 951-522-4919
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  10:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know a great local company (ca) who will ship and work with you via email.... Go to my website the CONTACT US page and give me your information and I'll have them give you a ring... This is a whole other way to go from the Staples card, but well worth the extra green.

WWW.AQUICKNOTE.NET

Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  9:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Make your own. You can buy the blank cards at Staples, Office Depot, etc. and create them right from your desktop.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services

Edited by - dfye@mcttelecom.com on 04/16/2007 11:19:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

lbmobile

New Hampshire
14 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  06:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit lbmobile's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need to order buisness cards. Anyone have any suggestions? What to put on them and what not to. Maybe even a good place or sight to order them from. Laurie
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.